Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BS381C Colours?

Hello,

I wonder if someone might be able to help. To cut a long story short, I
need to get some ordinary gloss paint mixed to match a BS381C colour
(540 Crimson), but the trade place I usually get paints mixed at don't
understand BS381C codes. They understand RAL and BS4800, but their
mixing machine doesn't appear to know about BS381C.

Is there any way I can get "BS381C:540" converted into codes they would
understand? I assume their machine uses some sort of RBG or CMYK coding
to work out how much of which pigment to squirt into the can!

Thanks & Regards
Andrew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:37:03 +0100, Andrew Instone-Cowie
wrote:

Hello,

I wonder if someone might be able to help. To cut a long story short, I
need to get some ordinary gloss paint mixed to match a BS381C colour
(540 Crimson), but the trade place I usually get paints mixed at don't
understand BS381C codes. They understand RAL and BS4800, but their
mixing machine doesn't appear to know about BS381C.

Is there any way I can get "BS381C:540" converted into codes they would
understand? I assume their machine uses some sort of RBG or CMYK coding
to work out how much of which pigment to squirt into the can!

Thanks & Regards
Andrew

I don't know the answer to your question but I have bought BS381C colours from
here, so perhaps they could tell you whether they can be converted.

Autopaints ( Brighton ) Ltd
01273 326981

Andy

2 way switch colours? Vass UK diy 6 June 3rd 07 08:24 PM
Wiring colours [email protected] UK diy 17 May 10th 07 12:05 AM
different primer colours? macson UK diy 12 March 16th 06 11:30 PM
USA appliance flex colours? TW UK diy 3 July 23rd 05 07:19 PM
PIR cable colours Al Reynolds UK diy 8 December 4th 04 01:50 PM