Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default BS381C Colours?

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:37:03 +0100, Andrew Instone-Cowie
wrote:

Hello,

I wonder if someone might be able to help. To cut a long story short, I
need to get some ordinary gloss paint mixed to match a BS381C colour
(540 Crimson), but the trade place I usually get paints mixed at don't
understand BS381C codes. They understand RAL and BS4800, but their
mixing machine doesn't appear to know about BS381C.

Is there any way I can get "BS381C:540" converted into codes they would
understand? I assume their machine uses some sort of RBG or CMYK coding
to work out how much of which pigment to squirt into the can!

Thanks & Regards
Andrew

I don't know the answer to your question but I have bought BS381C colours from
here, so perhaps they could tell you whether they can be converted.

Autopaints ( Brighton ) Ltd
01273 326981

Andy