Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just goes to show

How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 31, 2:23 pm, "George" wrote:
How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Was yours corrosion tested to BS EN ISO 1670 though?

It's the same with anything - some things will be cheaper somewhere
than somewhere else... On the whole, I think Screwfix are pretty
reasonable most of the time - especially their own brand 'no nonsense'
stuff...

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stevelup" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 31, 2:23 pm, "George" wrote:
How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in

the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Was yours corrosion tested to BS EN ISO 1670 though?

It's the same with anything - some things will be cheaper somewhere
than somewhere else... On the whole, I think Screwfix are pretty
reasonable most of the time - especially their own brand 'no nonsense'
stuff...

Steve

Since when has brass been corrosive prone?

All the brass furniture I've just bought has been considerably cheaper than
screwme. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:23:08 GMT, "George"
mused:

How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Who said Screwfix was a ripoff? Shop around for things and some are
cheaper at Screwfix, some are cheaper elsewhere. Pillock.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:23:08 GMT, "George"
mused:

How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in

the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Who said Screwfix was a ripoff? Shop around for things and some are
cheaper at Screwfix, some are cheaper elsewhere. Pillock.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

I don't shop at screwfix...merely observing their high prices. Pillock

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:44:07 GMT, "George"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:23:08 GMT, "George"
mused:

How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in

the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Who said Screwfix was a ripoff? Shop around for things and some are
cheaper at Screwfix, some are cheaper elsewhere. Pillock.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

I don't shop at screwfix...merely observing their high prices. Pillock

You didn't actually read my post did you. Pillock.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:44:07 GMT, "George"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:23:08 GMT, "George"
mused:

How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one

in
the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Who said Screwfix was a ripoff? Shop around for things and some are
cheaper at Screwfix, some are cheaper elsewhere. Pillock.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

I don't shop at screwfix...merely observing their high prices. Pillock

You didn't actually read my post did you. Pillock.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Yes I did, if an item is less at screwfixx than of my local handyman store
then I will by it from that store as it would be more than that in screwfix
if I went for to screwfix for it sheesh!. Ya silly old fart

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
George wrote:
How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in
the link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Can you be sure they are exactly the same? The quality of such brass ware
varies enormously.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 31, 2:37 pm, "George" wrote:
"stevelup" wrote in message

oups.com...
On Jul 31, 2:23 pm, "George" wrote:

How much a ripoff screwfix is...just bought one exactly like the one in

the
link from my local DIY handyman store £8.95

http://tinyurl.com/25qotg

Was yours corrosion tested to BS EN ISO 1670 though?

It's the same with anything - some things will be cheaper somewhere
than somewhere else... On the whole, I think Screwfix are pretty
reasonable most of the time - especially their own brand 'no nonsense'
stuff...

Steve

Since when has brass been corrosive prone?

All the brass furniture I've just bought has been considerably cheaper than
screwme. :-)

Depends on the environment. All the brass we've fitted in West
Yorkshire has corroded/discoloured a little in a few months, but it's
fairly damp here!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
k...

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:44:07 GMT, "George"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

How do you know that Lurch is old?

Adam

columbus show buick 58 Woodworking 5 January 14th 07 05:47 AM
My first show big pete Woodturning 15 November 15th 05 02:36 PM
New DIY show [email protected] Woodworking 39 October 26th 05 04:17 PM
4th go, still no show .. ;-( T i m UK diy 16 August 31st 05 09:11 PM
Shop Cranes: I'll show you mine if you show me yours... Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 4 March 3rd 05 12:08 AM