Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car driveway turntables

Has anyone got any experience of driveway turntables?

I am in the process of buying a house to renovate and although the local
highways have expressed their agreement to vehicle access (currently
there is none and this would require removal of garden wall).

However they have said that access must be in forward gear on entry and
exit.

The chap doing the extension design has phoned me to tell me that there
is not enough room to allow a car to turn and so I need to speak to
highways to see if they would remove the constraint.

If they will not then the only options would seem to be to leave the
parking on the road (which to me would be good enough reason for
highways to allow off road parking without the forward entry-exit
constraint) or look at a turntable.

I have had a google and their seem to be plenty of people offering these
although only 1 site shows any prices.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has experience of/owns one of
these.

Cheers

Martin
--
Martin Carroll

Driveway Dry-Well, etc. ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 January 21st 07 03:33 PM
old turntables dallie Electronics Repair 15 May 9th 06 07:35 AM
DRIVEWAY CHI-MUM Home Repair 13 May 5th 06 02:18 PM
What's in a driveway? Tim and Steph Home Repair 5 April 18th 05 03:10 AM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 8th 03 11:38 PM