Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door frames in stud wall

Hi,

I have put up my partition wall and installed the door frames, all
seems good apart from one thing... The frames are about 7mm proud of
the plasterboard. Obviously I want to add the architrave to the
frames, but how can i do this when the frame is proud?

If i had of gone for smaller frames with less depth then I would of
had the opposite problem, with the plasterboard being proud of the
frames.

The only solution I can think of is to attach thearcitrave to the
frame and then caulk the gap between the architrave and the
plasterboard, but this seems to be a bodge it answer to me!

Any help gratefully recieved...

I used 4x2 cls timber and 12mm plasterboard with 131mm depth frames.

Thanks

Tom