Default Stud Wall Nearly There!

Hello All

Just about finished my Stud Wall which is looking a treat, however I am
stuck again:

I have temporarily pinned the side door linings to the door studs and
the door fits between them snug. Now what I cant work out is how I
should cut the top part of the door lining. I have one of those kits
that can adapt to 2 different sizes of door (Its a new one the correct
size this time!)
My problem is that if I cut it I will loose the tongue and groove joint
at either end and be left with a =AC shape.
Is this OK? I was thinking I could just glue and nail the top section
into the side parts of the door lining and also nail it to the noggin
directly above which would give it the strength.

Help appreciated as usual

Cheers

Richard

BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All

Just about finished my Stud Wall which is looking a treat, however I am
stuck again:

I have temporarily pinned the side door linings to the door studs and
the door fits between them snug. Now what I cant work out is how I
should cut the top part of the door lining. I have one of those kits
that can adapt to 2 different sizes of door (Its a new one the correct
size this time!)
My problem is that if I cut it I will loose the tongue and groove joint
at either end and be left with a ¬ shape.
Is this OK? I was thinking I could just glue and nail the top section
into the side parts of the door lining and also nail it to the noggin
directly above which would give it the strength.

Help appreciated as usual

Cheers

Richard

Have a read through this site:
http://www.interdiy.co.uk/articles/b...on-walls-1.php

to get a good idea of what you need next.

There are 7 (seven) pages in the article which walk you through the whole
process. You'll see the "NEXT" link at the bottom of each page.

Great, all up and finished!

Thanks guys..........

The Natural Philosopher

Great, all up and finished!