John Rumm

I have temporarily pinned the side door linings to the door studs and
the door fits between them snug. Now what I cant work out is how I
should cut the top part of the door lining. I have one of those kits
that can adapt to 2 different sizes of door (Its a new one the correct
size this time!)

Err, with a saw ;-)

My problem is that if I cut it I will loose the tongue and groove joint
at either end and be left with a ¬ shape.

Yup that is expected...

Is this OK? I was thinking I could just glue and nail the top section
into the side parts of the door lining and also nail it to the noggin
directly above which would give it the strength.

Yup, spot on.

--
Cheers,

John.