jerry

Default Wall Frames for a Bedroom

I am looking to install decorative wall frames in my bedroom. I don't
quite understand the concept on how to do this. Two of the walls are
pretty equal in length and I plan on putting 3 frames at 36" wide X 24"
high with 12" spacing between the frames. The other 2 walls have doors
and windows. How do you go about figuring out the size of the frame for
these walls? Is it important to maintain the spacing between the frames
used on the other walls or can you vary this along with the frame size.
I want it all to look like it is balanced. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

loutent

Hi Jerry,

I have done this several times (dining room, hallway).
If you look carefully at professional installations, you
will notice that nothing is exactly symmetrical.
The room with windows, doors, wall size etc will dictate
the symmetry.

What I did IIRC is to have an exact height (of course), but
an approximate width. Measure each wall and have an exact
distance from each corner (say 4-6 inches), then measure
how many panels of your "ideal width" will fit.

Then, start shrinking each panel width on each wall until you
get an even spacing on that wall. It is hard (for an
observer/critic) to discern differences
of inches from wall to wall (if you keep them reasonable).

Panels under windows look best if they are approximately
the window width, but offset under the window frame. For
double windows, use two panels (unless they are very small).

It is more of an artistic thing than a woodworking thing. This
is not science.

Also, you will want to offset all wall frames around any
outlets or vents.

I used a square & pencil to draw on the wall, but the blue
tape idea is a good one.

HTH!

Lou

PS: Paint the frames a shade or two lighter than the wall
color if they are in the same color range.

insulating a wall Rick Dipper UK diy 10 August 6th 04 08:33 PM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Ownership 5 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
Wall falling down? Alex UK diy 8 August 29th 03 10:54 AM