Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Choosing a boiler - again.

I'm going to replace my ultra reliable Potterton Kingfisher this summer.
It's an 80,000 BTU, floor standing, basic electrics room sealed type.
So what would be the best replacement? Having been used to such
reliability that is important - as is availability of any spares if
needed. Efficiency should also be near top of the class - obviously.

The boiler is sited in a cupboard, so could be either floor or wall
mounted. I intend doing the installation myself and having it finally
commissioned by a suitably qualified person.

A 'system' type boiler would not be very practical in this case - the pump
and three port valve etc are situated at the other side of the room along
with the storage cylinder and I'd prefer not to have to lift the floor to
alter pipework.

--

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Choosing a new boiler? steve Home Repair 4 April 27th 07 02:18 PM
Choosing a new boiler? steve Home Repair 3 April 11th 07 10:36 PM
Help choosing a replacement boiler biccy UK diy 14 November 15th 06 10:33 PM
Choosing new boiler Donwill UK diy 1 July 24th 06 10:57 AM
Choosing a condensing boiler Fuoleum UK diy 19 April 7th 05 11:01 PM