Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Choosing new boiler

I am planning to replace our old gas boiler (located in garage, 35metre flow
and return pipe length) with a gas wall mounted system boiler in a room
adjacent to HW cyl in our airing cupboard. The boiler I am considering is a
Vissemann Vitodens 100, 24 Kw unit. The flue arrangement will be through the
roof of our bungalow.
Has anyone any experience of this boiler, (installation and maintenance) and
does anyone know of any drawbacks or problems associated with it.

Regards
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
I am planning to replace our old gas boiler (located in garage, 35metre
flow and return pipe length) with a gas wall mounted system boiler in a
room adjacent to HW cyl in our airing cupboard. The boiler I am considering
is a Vissemann Vitodens 100, 24 Kw unit. The flue arrangement will be
through the roof of our bungalow.
Has anyone any experience of this boiler, (installation and maintenance)
and does anyone know of any drawbacks or problems associated with it.

Regards
Don

It is top quality. The 100 is only for the UK market, a cut down 200. The
200 is the one to get.

35 metre flow and return run? If the boiler in the hosue takes up space,
and it will emit noise although not a lot, then why not install a thermal
store with inslulated flow and return pipes back 35 metres with a flow and
return TMV blender between them. Simple thermal store boiler anti-cycle
control will prevent cycling of the boiler.