Jimbob

Default Choosing a back vented Combi Boiler with reasonable efficiency

Hi,

I'm looking to have a boiler replaced that's rather aged. To minimize
cost/disruption I'd like to source a roughly like-for-like rear vented (co-
axial) boiler, so it roughly slots into the current boilers location. Flow
rate should be high as poss on demand, not stored.

Glow-worm make a combi (35CI) that fits the bill but the efficiency is a
bit crap compared to others. Radiant make a nice boiler (RSF30) but not
back vented which means lowering pipes and a new hole etc. Documentation
on manufacturers websites is poor.

Not interested in condensers as longterm reliability is a bit crap.

Any make/model suggestions?

Many Thanks

Jimbob

p.s. first person to mention corgi/certified gets a slap, I know ta.
p.p.s have been to http://www.boilers.org.uk/ but it doesnt tell me venting
options.

John

"Jimbob" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking to have a boiler replaced that's rather aged. To minimize
cost/disruption I'd like to source a roughly like-for-like rear vented

(co-
axial) boiler, so it roughly slots into the current boilers location.

Flow
rate should be high as poss on demand, not stored.

Glow-worm make a combi (35CI) that fits the bill but the efficiency is a
bit crap compared to others. Radiant make a nice boiler (RSF30) but not
back vented which means lowering pipes and a new hole etc. Documentation
on manufacturers websites is poor.

Not interested in condensers as longterm reliability is a bit crap.

Any make/model suggestions?

The Glow Worm Condenser 30CXI is well thought out and uses stainless steel
heat exchanger. The ones I've installed have been no trouble. I can't see
there will be any problems in going up to the 35

Alex \(YMG\)

"John" wrote in message

The Glow Worm Condenser 30CXI is well thought out and uses stainless steel
heat exchanger. The ones I've installed have been no trouble. I can't see
there will be any problems in going up to the 35

And have a look at www.uselessenergy.org.uk for good prices on the Glow-Worm
condensers (I've just fitted one that I purchased through this scheme, and
have been very happy with it so far).

Alex

Jimbob

"Alex \(YMG\)" wrote in
:

"John" wrote in message

The Glow Worm Condenser 30CXI is well thought out and uses stainless
steel heat exchanger. The ones I've installed have been no trouble. I
can't see there will be any problems in going up to the 35

And have a look at www.uselessenergy.org.uk for good prices on the
Glow-Worm condensers (I've just fitted one that I purchased through
this scheme, and have been very happy with it so far).

Alex

Thanks for the feedback - Unfortunately not a rear flued boiler - which
means a new hole in the wall. Nice cheap prices though, relatively. It's
a bit harder to justify not getting a condenser when they cost less =)
Just a little concerned about the longer-term costs of reliability, parts &
servicing over a standard combi..

Cheers
Jimbob