Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Concrete mix suitable for continuous immersion in water

I am about to cast a hollow concrete plinth on which a fountain will sit.
The outer mould will be a galvanised steel ring 10 inches high by 24 inches
diameter the inner mould being a plastic bucket, the space within the
plinth will house a pump to drive the fountain.
.. I don't intend to keep fish or plants in the pool so I'm not bothered
about the toxicity of the water.
The plinth will, when cured, be totally immersed in water, and I wondered if
there was a special mix or additive I should use to protect it from long
term immersion.
What does the team think?
Regards
Don

Heat resistant cable suitable for immersion heater supply Newshound UK diy 11 March 6th 07 07:48 PM
Immersion hot water Ian Cowley UK diy 22 August 9th 05 09:22 AM
Continuous gas hot water. ODB Home Repair 2 February 1st 05 07:08 AM
Kenmore refrigerator, continuous water dispenser flow Greg Sumner Home Repair 2 March 1st 04 11:37 AM