Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heat resistant cable suitable for immersion heater supply

Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~ 16A
rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

RS used to stock various it, but it is now show as discontinued. I know I
could put silicone or PTFE or glass braid sleeve on normal PVC insulated
wire, but this doesn't really seem to be the right strategy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Newshound wrote:
Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~
16A rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

RS used to stock various it, but it is now show as discontinued. I know
I could put silicone or PTFE or glass braid sleeve on normal PVC
insulated wire, but this doesn't really seem to be the right strategy.

Have you looked in cable, equipment wire, high temperature?

--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Newshound wrote:
Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~
16A rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

RS used to stock various it, but it is now show as discontinued. I know
I could put silicone or PTFE or glass braid sleeve on normal PVC
insulated wire, but this doesn't really seem to be the right strategy.

Have you looked in cable, equipment wire, high temperature?

--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

You mean like this?
http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/se... cacheID=ukie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with
~ 16A rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

RS used to stock various it, but it is now show as discontinued. I
know I could put silicone or PTFE or glass braid sleeve on normal PVC
insulated wire, but this doesn't really seem to be the right strategy.

Have you looked in cable, equipment wire, high temperature?

You mean like this?

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/se... cacheID=ukie

I dunno - that link doesn't seem to work.

But they and others do cable suitable for your application - although
you'd likely have to sleeve it at either end for identification purposes.

A quick glance at the website would suggest 483-5973

--
*i souport publik edekashun.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:21:10 -0000, "Newshound"
mused:

Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~ 16A
rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

RS used to stock various it, but it is now show as discontinued. I know I
could put silicone or PTFE or glass braid sleeve on normal PVC insulated
wire, but this doesn't really seem to be the right strategy.

OOI, why single core cable?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Newshound wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~ 16A
rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

CPC do silicone insulated wire such as order code CB10289 good for 180
deg C and in 25m reels, however that is only 10A. There is a 24A version
(CBBR1385) but only in 5m lengths.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A quick glance at the website would suggest 483-5973

Thank you Dave, well spotted. I guess I had a mind set that I needed power
cable, not instrumentation cable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:21:10 -0000, "Newshound"
mused:

Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~ 16A
rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

RS used to stock various it, but it is now show as discontinued. I know I
could put silicone or PTFE or glass braid sleeve on normal PVC insulated
wire, but this doesn't really seem to be the right strategy.

OOI, why single core cable?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

A mate of mine is replacing four domestic immersions in a light industrial
application with a couple of Redring industrial 3 phase jobs, but still run
off an existing single phase controller. To make a neater job I would prefer
to run the supplies in a flexible conduit rather than putting two or three
standard "flexes" through the 25 mm gland. Anyway thanks all for the links,
I now have several options. I was confused by RS apparently classing 25A as
"instrumentation" rather than "power" cable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Newshound wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~
16A rating? I have only been able to find this

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...R3slash50.html

CPC do silicone insulated wire such as order code CB10289 good for 180 deg
C and in 25m reels, however that is only 10A. There is a 24A version
(CBBR1385) but only in 5m lengths.

--
Cheers,

John.

Never used CPC before, I keep forgetting about them!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Newshound wrote:

Never used CPC before, I keep forgetting about them!

Like RS, only the catalogue is less well organised and they charge half
the price! ;-)

(make sure you get a paper catalogue - without it there are some things
you will never find on the web)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Newshound wrote:

Never used CPC before, I keep forgetting about them!

Like RS, only the catalogue is less well organised and they charge half
the price! ;-)

(make sure you get a paper catalogue - without it there are some things
you will never find on the web)

--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks, a good tip, I will do that.

immersion heater painterman1 UK diy 9 December 30th 06 07:22 PM
heat resistant board? Jim Walsh UK diy 4 November 8th 05 05:35 PM
Heat resistant board for behind wood burning stove?? Iain A Gilroy UK diy 4 June 25th 05 06:14 PM
heat resistant board Dave UK diy 5 July 7th 03 02:53 PM