ODB

Default Continuous gas hot water.

Im thinking of installing a 22 or 24 litre per minute unit that is mountable
on the wall outside - I prefer these smaller boxes to the storage units
because they take up too much space (and I hear the continuous are cheaper
to run long term)

I have been offered one (a bosch? cant remember) with an electronically
controlled thermostat which I dont think I need, least of all I dont want to
pay to have installed.

Can anyone tell me the ins and outs of these continuous units and whether I
need know anything particular? And what they might cost to install? (I know
they are more expensive than the storage type)

thanks.

m Ransley

Gas or electric, you cant mount outside if it freezes ever, your
location? You should have a electronicaly controled unit unless you
dont care about the water being overhot then cool with total output.
Look at Takagi and Rinnai, Rinnai is the most efficient I have seen. How
cold does your incomming water get. Units are rated at Gpm and
temperature rise.

TURTLE

"ODB" wrote in message
Im thinking of installing a 22 or 24 litre per minute unit that is mountable
on the wall outside - I prefer these smaller boxes to the storage units
because they take up too much space (and I hear the continuous are cheaper
to run long term)

I have been offered one (a bosch? cant remember) with an electronically
controlled thermostat which I dont think I need, least of all I dont want to
pay to have installed.

Can anyone tell me the ins and outs of these continuous units and whether I
need know anything particular? And what they might cost to install? (I know
they are more expensive than the storage type)

thanks.

This is Turtle.

I don't know about others but the Rinnai is a pretty good piece of equipment to
install. The Gas model they have has a Flow rate of 8.5 Gallons per Minute and
can handle 3 showers at one time. Here is a link to the Rinnai units.

http://www.foreverho****er.com/

The word is Electric can work good but you need to own stock in the power
company to get a high water flow rate from a electric tankless set up. Also you
need to install a protection cover over your electric meter pan in case the
wheel comes loose.

TURTLE

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Water Softeners, good or bad?? Martin Hirsch Home Repair 23 July 14th 04 03:27 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM