Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Breaker Change - Part P or Not?

Hi all

Just reading a recent post "Fuse trips when no lights in use" and an
interesting question was posed which warrants a separate thread IMHO.
If you suspect a breaker is causing problems, can you change it (DIY) or is
this notifiable?
Information I've read relates to complete CU change being notifiable, can't
remember seeing anything about individual circuit breakers though!

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Breaker Change - not again

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi all

Just reading a recent post "Fuse trips when no lights in use" and an
interesting question was posed which warrants a separate thread IMHO.
If you suspect a breaker is causing problems, can you change it (DIY) or
is this notifiable?
Information I've read relates to complete CU change being notifiable,
can't remember seeing anything about individual circuit breakers though!

Phil

Unless you take an advert in the local paper who will know, and who really
cares. Maybe the consumer unit should be made so that you have to wait a
week to have the whole thing replaced instead. I changed my consumer unit
and it has nothing to do with anyone else really.
I doubt the Police will be demanding receipts from electrical shops to start
investigating the public.

Get a life!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete" wrote in message

[...]