Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which Workmate? - follow up

I asked a few weeks ago about getting a new Workmate type bench.
So, off down to the B+Q Warehouse today to get one.
I was expecting to get a decent one, like my old one which cost around
£70 10+ years ago.
I came away with a basic £9.98 B+Q branded one, which I didnt expect
much of, but for the use I needed, thought would be OK.
So, off home to build it up, and surprisingly, it is quite good. Sturdy,
only 1 height, but the adjustable jaws and bench top are better than my
old B+D workmate. The old one had plastic threads for the jaws, with a
chipboard top, the new 'cheap' one had a metal threads, and, apparently,
a bamboo top. It looks like pine, certanly better than the B+D one.
A true bargain at £10.
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
nog nog is offline

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 20:33:58 +0100, A.Lee wrote:

A true bargain at £10.

Fair enough, although I would quite like to find one of the original, all
diecast, ones.

Workmate type tables - which one? A.Lee UK diy 11 May 18th 07 11:14 AM
Turning Workmate into workbench boorite Woodworking 18 September 14th 06 12:44 PM
replacement for workmate table william kossack Woodworking 1 December 26th 05 03:51 AM
Workmate Opinions Richard Woodworking 21 July 21st 05 02:06 PM
Workbench / Workmate SB Woodworking 12 November 15th 04 04:38 PM