Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap and nasty scart cables

Or cheap and cheerful? Why is this so cheap, and what will happen if I
use it to connect my freeview box to my telly?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-ribbon... 868667&sr=1-8

SCART plug to SCART plug, ribbon cable, 0.75m, bag and header
by Skytronic

Price: £1.96

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
ups.com...
Or cheap and cheerful? Why is this so cheap, and what will happen if I
use it to connect my freeview box to my telly?

A proper SCART cable has individual coax for the video signals and
individually screened audio.
Many use unscreened cables and you get crosstalk.
This doesn't look like it has the screens but it is hard to see.
Price is no guide to performance with SCART cables I have bought £1.99 ones
that are fine and taken back more expensive ones after opening them up to
look at the cable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
Martin Pentreath writes
Or cheap and cheerful? Why is this so cheap, and what will happen if I
use it to connect my freeview box to my telly?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-ribbon.../B000LAY5K0/re
f=sr_1_8/026-3903704-0410050?ie=UTF8&m=AO3C0EO70FD6B&s=generic&qid=1179 8
68667&sr=1-8

SCART plug to SCART plug, ribbon cable, 0.75m, bag and header
by Skytronic

Price: £1.96

No cheaper than you find in CPC offers

They seem OK

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-ribbon...0LAY5K0/ref=sr
_1_8/026-3903704-0410050?ie=UTF8&m=AO3C0EO70FD6B&s=generic&qid=1179 868667&sr
=1-8

SCART plug to SCART plug, ribbon cable, 0.75m, bag and header
by Skytronic

Price: £1.96

Normally less than a pound in the trade and perfectly acceptable for short
links on normal domestic equipment where they are fitted and forgotten.

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
ups.com...
Or cheap and cheerful? Why is this so cheap, and what will happen if I
use it to connect my freeview box to my telly?

A proper SCART cable has individual coax for the video signals and
individually screened audio.
Many use unscreened cables and you get crosstalk.
This doesn't look like it has the screens but it is hard to see.

The amazon page does state "Individually screened cable".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grumps wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
ups.com...
Or cheap and cheerful? Why is this so cheap, and what will happen if I
use it to connect my freeview box to my telly?

A proper SCART cable has individual coax for the video signals and
individually screened audio.
Many use unscreened cables and you get crosstalk.
This doesn't look like it has the screens but it is hard to see.

The amazon page does state "Individually screened cable".

Never had a problem with Pound Shop scarts

Nasty Bolt wizof103 Home Repair 26 May 21st 07 01:07 AM
Cheap and nasty toilet seat Hooch UK diy 9 January 21st 07 01:52 PM
Please read - nothing nasty Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 March 5th 06 01:39 PM
This cheap nasty Chipboard flooring from B&Q... POD {Ò¿Ó} UK diy 21 April 18th 05 09:02 PM
Nasty Lesson Bill Gooch Woodturning 10 March 7th 05 04:33 PM