Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap and nasty toilet seat

Bought a white plastic toilet seat from the well known DIY chain
H******e, reduced in price because it looked like it had a dirt mark
at the back. It turns out that the paint is chipped and there's grey
plastic underneath!

Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic
overpainted white? LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

"Hooch" wrote:
Bought a white plastic toilet seat from the well known DIY chain
H******e, reduced in price because it looked like it had a dirt mark
at the back. It turns out that the paint is chipped and there's grey
plastic underneath!

Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic
overpainted white? LOL

Sounds like you bought the bog-standard model from the bottom of the range.
It was probably made in China where it would be top of the range, so they
wouldn't poo poo it. It's an ill wind .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:36:32 -0000, "DIY" wrote:

"Hooch" wrote:
Bought a white plastic toilet seat from the well known DIY chain
H******e, reduced in price because it looked like it had a dirt mark
at the back. It turns out that the paint is chipped and there's grey
plastic underneath!

Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic
overpainted white? LOL

Sounds like you bought the bog-standard model from the bottom of the range.
It was probably made in China where it would be top of the range, so they
wouldn't poo poo it. It's an ill wind .....

Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

"Hooch" wrote:
Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

No, not in my experience, I would expect a mid-range seat for that price.
That stinks, you got a bum deal, sounds like a crap seat to me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:51:35 UTC, "DIY" wrote:

"Hooch" wrote:
Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

No, not in my experience, I would expect a mid-range seat for that price.
That stinks, you got a bum deal, sounds like a crap seat to me.

No, the really crap one is the wooden one I once bought from Homebase
(there was a slae on, and they had a load of these, it was a good
price).

When I went to install it, I found it was resealed returned stock.
Second hand. With MARKS on it.... Yuck.

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:51:35 -0000, "DIY" wrote:

"Hooch" wrote:
Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

No, not in my experience, I would expect a mid-range seat for that price.
That stinks, you got a bum deal, sounds like a crap seat to me.

No problem. it's going back to the shop on Wednesday, just as soon as
the Missus gets back with her credit card.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Hooch" wrote:
Bought a white plastic toilet seat from the well known DIY chain
H******e, reduced in price because it looked like it had a dirt mark
at the back. It turns out that the paint is chipped and there's grey
plastic underneath!

Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic
overpainted white? LOL

Sounds like you bought the bog-standard model from the bottom of the range.
It was probably made in China where it would be top of the range, so they
wouldn't poo poo it. It's an ill wind .....

Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

Dunno. That's what a solid wood one costs from the builders merchant.
/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes

Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic
overpainted white? LOL
Sounds like you bought the bog-standard model from the bottom of the
range. It was probably made in China where it would be top of the
range, so they wouldn't poo poo it. It's an ill wind .....

Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

Dunno. That's what a solid wood one costs from the builders merchant.

For those of us who pee standing up, it is amazing how many solid wood
seats fail to remain upright. Is this due to retro fitting where the
original seat was OK?

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DIY wrote:
"Hooch" wrote:

Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

No, not in my experience, I would expect a mid-range seat for that price.
That stinks, you got a bum deal, sounds like a crap seat to me.

Sht, thats terrible. You poor-s**-layin down your wedge for crap like
that.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes

Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic
overpainted white? LOL
Sounds like you bought the bog-standard model from the bottom of the
range. It was probably made in China where it would be top of the
range, so they wouldn't poo poo it. It's an ill wind .....
Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

Dunno. That's what a solid wood one costs from the builders merchant.

For those of us who pee standing up, it is amazing how many solid wood
seats fail to remain upright. Is this due to retro fitting where the
original seat was OK?

yup. A thin plastic seat is further back when opened.

Always install from new with wood..than the pan can be pulled a little
forward WRT the cistern..

regards

Fitting toilet seat R D S UK diy 13 November 1st 06 09:17 PM
Replacing toilet seat Martin UK diy 5 October 16th 06 05:44 AM
A Nasty Toilet Problem Ron Home Repair 6 June 28th 06 09:38 AM
Getting toilet seat off? souls UK diy 19 October 13th 05 01:50 PM
This cheap nasty Chipboard flooring from B&Q... POD {Ò¿Ó} UK diy 21 April 18th 05 09:02 PM