Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker Plug in Spain

Hello All

Can someone tell me what the 3 metal pronged L shape connector used to
connect a cooker up in Spain and possibily other European countries is
called? also does anyone know what this is rated at? I think they are
25AMP.

I'm trying to determine if I can wire my hob and oven into a junction
box and then have a cable with this type of plug on the end. The
problem I see is that the Oven cable that came with the oven is only
1.5MM and the cable the hob requires is 4MM. I'm not sure what the MCB
is rated at that protects this circuit. The installation manual also
states that each appliance requires a double pole switch but that has
not been provided by the Spanish builders, there is simply one cooker
plug socket. If I ran the cooker flex into the junction box as is
(1.5MM2) together with new 4mm for the hob am I right in assuming this
would be very unsafe and the wire could potentially over heat and
cause a fire, as the fuse or the MCB would not provide adeqaute
protection?

Depending on the MCB rating could I do the following:

Replace the oven cable with 4MM and cable this to a juntion box
together with the hob and then connect another bit of 4mm to the L
shaped plug?

I read somewhere that I should really go for 6MM as this is generally
used as standard, can someone please provide me with some advice apart
from get a Spanish spark!!!

Cheers

Richard

Installing Lights in Spain Richard UK diy 2 May 5th 07 08:23 PM
Electric plug near gas cooker ..... ? troubleinstore UK diy 2 January 12th 05 09:21 PM
UK appliances in Spain [email protected] UK diy 27 January 4th 05 02:55 AM
Plastering in Spain Mark UK diy 17 October 4th 04 11:29 PM
Wiring regs : Spain Hugh UK diy 0 June 5th 04 09:50 AM