Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Handyman Boogie

So, there I was, removing some polycarb sheeting from an angle iron frame,
just above head height. Nuts & bolts had been used, which were rusted to
buggery.

Out came the trusty angle grinder. First bolt, heated to red hot status due
to the attentions of the angle grinder, parted company from the frame.

With incredible accuracy it went right down the front of my bib & brace type
overalls. Due to a design fault with the overalls (and nothing to do with
my fondness for beer) it lodged roughly between pectorals & abdomen - a
sharp burning sensation caused me to dance about, flapping at my overalls in
a demented manor.

The relief at the red hot metallic object's movement was immediately
replaced by the fear about where it would next stop. This resulted in me
dancing about like a maniac grasping the crotch of said overalls.

Successfully avoiding the wedding tackle, the still very hot bolt managed to
travel down my right leg finally lodging itself in the top of my sock. This
involved me hopping about like a demented rabbit until it finally fell out.

The woman I was working for nearly wet herself laughing.

I might give up using angle grinders.............

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Handyman Chronicles The Medway Handyman UK diy 78 March 15th 06 09:34 AM
OT Handyman Advertising The Medway Handyman UK diy 69 February 23rd 06 11:47 PM
Suddenly I'm a Handyman! david lang UK diy 92 January 24th 06 07:35 PM
Handyman David Lang UK diy 92 July 6th 05 09:36 PM
HandyMan No More Andrew McKay UK diy 16 March 21st 05 03:35 PM