Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Ben is offline

Default Sliding door for bathroom

Hi - I am planning on replacing a very sad and bedraggled hollow core
bathroom door with a sliding door.

Lots of places sell retrofit kits for a sliding door, but few seem to
sell an entire kit, door included. Two problems seem to present
themselves:

Should I get a door that is wider than the opening, so that there is
some overlap with the wall when it is closed?

How does one lock a sliding door easily...

ince I need a new door anyway, it would be nice if somewhere like B&Q
sold an entire set with a nice, basic, flush plain door, but they
don't seem to :-(

Cheers,

Ben

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

"Ben" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - I am planning on replacing a very sad and bedraggled hollow core
bathroom door with a sliding door.

Lots of places sell retrofit kits for a sliding door, but few seem to
sell an entire kit, door included. Two problems seem to present
themselves:

Should I get a door that is wider than the opening, so that there is
some overlap with the wall when it is closed?

How does one lock a sliding door easily...

ince I need a new door anyway, it would be nice if somewhere like B&Q
sold an entire set with a nice, basic, flush plain door, but they
don't seem to :-(

That's because there are too many variables...Door type, size, construction
etc.

So, buy door slightly wider.
Buy kit
Fix to door
Hang where required.
Locks?
A simple sliding bolt on the edge of the back end of the door into a hole
would do

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:23:48 +0100, "R" wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Or a hook and loop idea .

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Ben is offline

Thanks for that - that was what I thought I would have to do, I just
didn't want to reinvent the wheel if there was a solution sitting on
the shelves already. I can't imagine it will be terribly taxing :-)

Cheers,

Ben

On 25 Apr, 20:30, Stuart B wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:23:48 +0100, "R" wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Or a hook and loop idea .- Hide quoted text -

Sliding glass door (I need some help) AKA Gray Asphalt Home Repair 13 January 13th 07 10:31 PM
Old sliding glass door..... [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 16th 06 04:07 AM
Sliding door concept mike hide Woodworking 9 September 22nd 05 09:15 PM
Bathroom questions...also, Japanese sliding doors? Darryl Home Repair 1 March 6th 05 04:16 AM
Sliding door kits Cicero UK diy 2 February 6th 05 04:41 PM