Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B Stuart B is offline

Default Sliding door for bathroom

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:23:48 +0100, "R" wrote:

"Ben" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi - I am planning on replacing a very sad and bedraggled hollow core
bathroom door with a sliding door.

Lots of places sell retrofit kits for a sliding door, but few seem to
sell an entire kit, door included. Two problems seem to present
themselves:

Should I get a door that is wider than the opening, so that there is
some overlap with the wall when it is closed?

How does one lock a sliding door easily...

ince I need a new door anyway, it would be nice if somewhere like B&Q
sold an entire set with a nice, basic, flush plain door, but they
don't seem to :-(

That's because there are too many variables...Door type, size, construction
etc.

So, buy door slightly wider.
Buy kit
Fix to door
Hang where required.
Locks?
A simple sliding bolt on the edge of the back end of the door into a hole
would do

Or a hook and loop idea .