Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outside light query

I need to *temporarily* install an outside light on one side of my
property overlooking a lawn - as it's only to be used for a month or
two I don't want to go to the hassle of running a length of wire, etc.

So, bearing all that in mind, I have two theories:

a) Get a battery powered light that I can put outside (doesn't even
need to be waterproof as perhaps it could be brought in if necessary).
A halogen torch wouldn't be powerful enough (it wouldn't give a good
enough spread of light - the area to be illuminated is about 30 feet
across by 15 feet deep). Batteries would need to be rechargeable.

b) Get some kind of mains powered light that could be mounted *inside*
a window and hence plugged into the mains.

Any thoughts anyone and recommendations on anything suitable please?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

atariman wrote:
I need to *temporarily* install an outside light on one side of my
property overlooking a lawn
Any thoughts anyone and recommendations on anything suitable please?

I would go mains every time, you don't want to change batteries in the
middle of a tricky operation, there will be a tendency to "push" a
battery lighting unit beyond what is comfortable. Maybe something like
this, http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-8125.aspx not a major
investment at £19 maybe a better one could be hired?

--
cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:
not a major investment at £19

Make that £20

--
cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:31:16 GMT, soup wrote:

soup wrote:
not a major investment at £19

Make that £20

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:01:40 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

Consider an LPG light if you will use it a lot, or enough to make the
purchase worthwhile. Camping stores have them.

Thanks, will look into that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 15, 2:14 am, (atariman) wrote:
I need to *temporarily* install an outside light on one side of my
property overlooking a lawn - as it's only to be used for a month or
two I don't want to go to the hassle of running a length of wire, etc.

How about a garden lighting system? A 12 volt transformer and a bunch
of 12v lights around the area.