Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Purpose of Life

The Purpose of Life
'Why do we eat?' 'Why do we sleep?' 'Why do we work?' The answers
we would get to these questions would be similar. 'I eat to live.'
'I sleep to rest.' 'I work to support myself and my family.' But
when it comes to what the purpose of life is, people are confused. We
see their confusion by the type of answers we receive. Youths may
say, "I live for booze and bikinis." The middle aged professional
might say, "I live to save enough for a comfortable retirement." The
old man would probably say, "I've been asking why I'm here most of my
life. If there's a purpose, I don't care anymore." And perhaps the
most common answer will be, "I really don't know!"
How, then, do you discover the purpose of life?

If you want to know visit:
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/280/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Happy Man" wrote:
The Purpose of Life
'Why do we eat?' 'Why do we sleep?' 'Why do we work?' The answers
we would get to these questions would be similar. 'I eat to live.'
'I sleep to rest.' 'I work to support myself and my family.' But
when it comes to what the purpose of life is, people are confused. We
see their confusion by the type of answers we receive. Youths may
say, "I live for booze and bikinis." The middle aged professional
might say, "I live to save enough for a comfortable retirement." The
old man would probably say, "I've been asking why I'm here most of my
life. If there's a purpose, I don't care anymore." And perhaps the
most common answer will be, "I really don't know!"
How, then, do you discover the purpose of life?

Any news on the d-i-y front?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm a chinese student.My dad always tell me to study hard so that I
can find a good job.but i always think,whatever i do just to make me
happy,that is the life!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Happy Man wrote:
The Purpose of Life
'Why do we eat?' 'Why do we sleep?' 'Why do we work?' The answers
we would get to these questions would be similar. 'I eat to live.'
'I sleep to rest.' 'I work to support myself and my family.' But
when it comes to what the purpose of life is, people are confused. We
see their confusion by the type of answers we receive. Youths may
say, "I live for booze and bikinis." The middle aged professional
might say, "I live to save enough for a comfortable retirement." The
old man would probably say, "I've been asking why I'm here most of my
life. If there's a purpose, I don't care anymore." And perhaps the
most common answer will be, "I really don't know!"
How, then, do you discover the purpose of life?

Who says it has any purpose whatsoever?

Purpose is a human invention.

Don't be so anthropcentric.

If you want to know visit:
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/280/

I don't. **** off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 3, 7:54 am, wrote:
I'm a Chinese student.

I'm not.

My dad always tells me to study hard so that I
can find a good job.

Mine hasn't spoken to me for decades. (Mind you he died some 30 years
ago.)

I always think.

I wish I could remember to now and again.

Whatever I do just to make me happy, that is the life!

That's a recipe for a selfish life. Is that why China is in such
turmoil?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com,
Happy Man writes
The Purpose of Life

Give a ****

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Mar, 13:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Happy Man wrote:

The Purpose of Life
'Why do we eat?' 'Why do we sleep?' 'Why do we work?' The answers

How, then, do you discover the purpose of life?

Who says it has any purpose whatsoever?

Purpose is a human invention.

Don't be so anthropcentric.

quite, life has no purpose. It is upto each of us to give our lives
purpose. I wouldnt consider joining up to a bloodthirsty religious
organisation to be the best of purposes.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Religion is for people who can't take 'None' for an answer..