Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheapest place to get loft boards?

Any suggestions on the beast place to get cheap (but decent quality)
boards for putting some flooring into the loft?

What would the rough cost be for a 3 bedroom semi be?

Would it work out cheaper to buy larger boards and cut them to size
with a jigsaw - I suspect it is better to use proper boards since it
would look neater and fit together better, i assume they are tongue
and groove?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Feb 2007 03:20:42 -0800, "405 TD Estate"
wrote:

Any suggestions on the beast place to get cheap (but decent quality)
boards for putting some flooring into the loft?

What would the rough cost be for a 3 bedroom semi be?

Would it work out cheaper to buy larger boards and cut them to size
with a jigsaw - I suspect it is better to use proper boards since it
would look neater and fit together better, i assume they are tongue
and groove?

B&Q have packs of tongue and groove boards on offer every few months.
Come in packs of 3 or 5 boards (I cant remember now), which are
something like 3ftx1ft each. Their offer is usually buy 3 get 1 free
or similar
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Any suggestions on the beast place to get cheap (but decent quality)
boards for putting some flooring into the loft?

What would the rough cost be for a 3 bedroom semi be?

Would it work out cheaper to buy larger boards and cut them to size
with a jigsaw - I suspect it is better to use proper boards since it
would look neater and fit together better, i assume they are tongue
and groove?

B&Q have packs of tongue and groove boards on offer every few months.
Come in packs of 3 or 5 boards (I cant remember now), which are
something like 3ftx1ft each. Their offer is usually buy 3 get 1 free
or similar

packs of 3. And they're very heavy!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"405 TD Estate" wrote in message
ups.com...
Any suggestions on the beast place to get cheap (but decent quality)
boards for putting some flooring into the loft?

Local DIY superstore.

What would the rough cost be for a 3 bedroom semi be?

You'll need to shop around and check the current offers then measure up.

Would it work out cheaper to buy larger boards and cut them to size

Hell no!

with a jigsaw - I suspect it is better to use proper boards since it
would look neater and fit together better, i assume they are tongue
and groove?

The boards are made in the size they are so they'll fit through your loft
hatch comfortably and are manageable.