Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flashing digital electricity meter

So it flashes faster when more power is being take (afaik).
But there's not much on it now - and the led is continiously on. Does
that mean it's flashing so fast I can't see it (!) - or maybe is in
some other mode?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 2, 1:17 am, mike wrote:
So it flashes faster when more power is being take (afaik).
But there's not much on it now - and the led is continiously on. Does
that mean it's flashing so fast I can't see it (!) - or maybe is in
some other mode?

That usually means there's nothing being used. I think it's to show
it's still operating.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
It means it's flashing really, really, slowly.

Hmmm, who pays for the electricity consumed by the flashing (or long
time lit) LED?

Is that connected before the metering circuit, or after?

If all these flashing LED's in the country were disconnected, could we
save a power station from being built?

:-)

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
Owain wrote:

It means it's flashing really, really, slowly.

Hmmm, who pays for the electricity consumed by the flashing (or long
time lit) LED?

Is that connected before the metering circuit, or after?

If all these flashing LED's in the country were disconnected, could we
save a power station from being built?

:-)

If by power station you mean B+Q wind turbine, possibly.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:52:22 +0000, Chris Hodges wrote:

If all these flashing LED's in the country were disconnected, could we
save a power station from being built?

:-)

If by power station you mean B+Q wind turbine, possibly.

Which reminds me (veeeerrry tangentially) (and this is one for
Redingensians only) I notice that after they'd put up their toy windmill
Green Park put up a couple of pylons with their name lit up in green
lights. Now what do folks reckon: does the genny provide enough power to
run the lights? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:17:27 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:52:22 +0000, Chris Hodges wrote:

If all these flashing LED's in the country were disconnected, could we
save a power station from being built?

:-)

If by power station you mean B+Q wind turbine, possibly.

Which reminds me (veeeerrry tangentially) (and this is one for
Redingensians only) I notice that after they'd put up their toy windmill
Green Park put up a couple of pylons with their name lit up in green
lights. Now what do folks reckon: does the genny provide enough power to
run the lights? :-)

Just to return to the O.Thread for a 'mo - the led on this thing is on
continuously when the kettle is on. So that's far from not using any
elec.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:

Hmmm, who pays for the electricity consumed by the flashing (or long
time lit) LED?

Is that connected before the metering circuit, or after?

If all these flashing LED's in the country were disconnected, could we
save a power station from being built?

Just had to get my gas reducer valve replaced, as the boiler
engineer measured 35 mBar. Whilst they were at it they replaced
my nice compact electronic gas meter with a refurbished
mechanical one, as the batteries are all due to fail soon, and
they want to get rid of them before they stop reading. Things
have apparently got complicated with the separation of supply and
distribution.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Digital electricity meter - red light on constantly! The 1st Philosophical Handyman of the Humber UK diy 9 October 30th 06 09:17 PM
Who owns my Electricity Meter? [email protected] UK diy 9 December 11th 05 02:39 AM
Third party electricity meter to verify electricity bills New Question Home Repair 6 November 24th 04 08:27 AM
Electricity Meter rating Sparks UK diy 9 September 28th 04 09:09 PM
Electricity Meter Scott UK diy 13 August 4th 04 06:55 PM