Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plasterboarding a room

Hi,
I have stripped old addled plaster from all the walls in a bedroom. The walls
are made of very old cinder blocks. I want to use drywall adhesive to stick
the plaster board to the walls. Should I give the walls a coat of PVA, of can
I just stick straight onto the blocks.
Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Use dot and dab straight to wall,pva will give no real advantage,if you are
not practised at applying the adhesive to wall a good tip is apply to board
then press to wall

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm doing similar on brick. surely pva will seal the dusty wal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

john walker wrote:
I'm doing similar on brick. surely pva will seal the dusty wal

Maybe, but why bother?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cyberdog wrote:
Hi,
I have stripped old addled plaster from all the walls in a bedroom.
The walls are made of very old cinder blocks. I want to use drywall
adhesive to stick the plaster board to the walls. Should I give the
walls a coat of PVA, of can I just stick straight onto the blocks.
Thanks

don't bother with PVA...you can splash the wall with water if it's dusty or
very dry - this will kill some of the suction and allow the DLA to bond
better

Plasterboarding ceiling Staffbull UK diy 10 October 14th 06 10:11 PM
urethane floor finish room-by-room dan10170 Home Repair 0 January 6th 06 11:28 AM
Plasterboarding Stud Wall [email protected] UK diy 15 June 5th 05 01:09 PM
plasterboarding a ceiling Nick UK diy 11 January 21st 04 01:38 AM
plasterboarding ceiling simon beer UK diy 6 November 18th 03 12:15 AM