Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default microbore heating system question

I have a microbore central heating system in my home (8mm) and I need to add
some new radiators. I have located the manifold but I now need to identify
the flow and return for each of the existing radiators.
Any ideas on how to do this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:40:31 -0000 someone who may be
wrote this:-

I have a microbore central heating system in my home (8mm) and I need to add
some new radiators. I have located the manifold but I now need to identify
the flow and return for each of the existing radiators.
Any ideas on how to do this?

Turn the heating on. Feel which one warms up first.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I have a microbore central heating system in my home (8mm) and I need to
add
some new radiators. I have located the manifold but I now need to identify
the flow and return for each of the existing radiators.
Any ideas on how to do this?

Turn the heating on. Feel which one warms up first.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

I thought that you meant you need to identify each individual radiator's
flow and return. I have often pondered this as I want to replace a pipe.
I had thought (but not tried) - starting with a cold system - turn off each
radiator's flow and lockshield - leaving just one open. Fire up the boiler
and feel which pipes heat up (flow first followed by return). There
shouldn't be any flow to the isolated radiators so their pipes should remain
cold. Repeat progressively to identify the others.

Is this what you meant?

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:22:59 GMT someone who may be "John"
wrote this:-

Fire up the boiler
and feel which pipes heat up (flow first followed by return). There
shouldn't be any flow to the isolated radiators so their pipes should remain
cold. Repeat progressively to identify the others.

And label each one in some way, so as not to forget which is which.

Of course, depending on what work is to be done and the current
system, there may be no point in identifying the flow and return to
an individual radiator.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Microbore system - most new rads downstairs not working qprfact UK diy 6 February 26th 06 11:58 PM
Microbore heating Ben Blaukopf UK diy 8 September 1st 05 06:30 PM
trv for microbore system David Kerr UK diy 3 June 15th 05 11:32 AM
Adding a rad to a microbore system Paper2002AD UK diy 4 November 24th 04 02:54 PM
How to add another radiator to a microbore system? Simon Hawthorne UK diy 6 November 14th 04 01:56 PM