Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default microbore heating system question

In article ,
writes
I have a microbore central heating system in my home (8mm) and I need to add
some new radiators. I have located the manifold but I now need to identify
the flow and return for each of the existing radiators.
Any ideas on how to do this?

One is hot, the other is not (as much), use a calibrated finger.

It allegedly doesn't matter which is which as modern TRVs will operate
correctly with flow in either direction but after having bother in the past I
prefer to have the flow pushing so as to open the washer, that is with flow
out of the pipe at right angles to the TRV body. That means having the
TRV on the inlet side if you like your TRV vertical or outlet side if you prefer
your TRV horizontal.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla