David Kerr

Default trv for microbore system

Hi all,

I would like to fit TRVs to some of my radiators. The system
is 10mm (?) microbore with twin-entry valves to each rad.

Trouble is, I can't seem to find anywhere which supplies TRVs
of the correct type. Fitting to rad is standard but inlet/outlet
10mm pipes are combined into a single manifold - see ASCII
art below :^) Pipes are buried in the wall and of a very short
accessible length so couldn't easily be replaced.
_______

_______ existing valve & lockshield
| | ------
| |------|-----|-------
| -- to radiator
| |-----| |---| |------
|------| | | | |
10mm inlet/outlet

Can anyone suggest a supplier? Have tried B&Q, Wickes and
Screwfix so far but without luck. If no such beast exists, could
I fit a second (TRV) valve in-line with the old one between it
and the rad?

Thanks in Advance,

David

EricP

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:56:26 +0100, BeeJay babbled like a waterfall
and said:

|------| | | | |
10mm inlet/outlet

Can anyone suggest a supplier? Have tried B&Q, Wickes and
Screwfix so far but without luck. If no such beast exists, could
I fit a second (TRV) valve in-line with the old one between it
and the rad?

Thanks in Advance,

David

This question has been raised a number of times. You are unlikely to
find a TVR for twin entry. The solution is to extend the piping so you
have an inlet with TVR at one end of the radiator and the outlet at
the other end.

Or make use of a reducer:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...eed/d20/sd2698
Mike

"David Kerr" wrote in message
Hi all,

I would like to fit TRVs to some of my radiators. The system
is 10mm (?) microbore with twin-entry valves to each rad.

Hard to even find the twin entry valves nowadays without a TRV. You can get
in-line TRVs which can be mounted on a bracket.

fred

In article , EricP
writes
and said:

This question has been raised a number of times. You are unlikely to
find a TVR for twin entry. The solution is to extend the piping so you
have an inlet with TVR at one end of the radiator and the outlet at
the other end.

Or make use of a reducer:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...eed/d20/sd2698

That's not the issue mate it's finding any TRV with twin entry, I think it
needs to be as BeeJay says, rework the pipework to opposite end (or
top/bottom).
--
fred

DRO System Mill/Drill Kenneth A. Emmert Metalworking 11 December 3rd 04 05:28 AM
Package vs. Split System A/C in Manufactured Home Bishoop Home Ownership 1 October 14th 04 04:39 AM
Cleaning out central heating system Dave UK diy 8 December 26th 03 05:47 PM
New system nightmare Victoria UK diy 18 December 23rd 03 12:30 PM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM