Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

Default Are Poundland "Duracell" batteries fakes?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

The cost of the 500ml bottle and the cost of the 1,500ml bottle are
virtually the same cost, the cap is the same cost and the label
virtually the same cost, it's still around 2p per bottle to make
including contents whether a 500ml, 1250ml, 1500ml or 2000ml bottle.

Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from your local
garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
b b is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from your local

garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.
-B.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

Thus spaketh b:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from
your local

garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.
-B.

I don't much fancy drinking that.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from your
local

garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.

Yeah, I read that too. More expensive than scorpion venom, which is the
next most expensive.

ss.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from your
local
garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.

Yeah, I read that too. More expensive than scorpion venom, which is the
next most expensive.

Actually, there's a lot on the net about that..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...nter+ink&meta=

ss.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

Synapse Syndrome wrote:
"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from
your local
garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.

Yeah, I read that too. More expensive than scorpion venom, which is the
next most expensive.

Not according to this http://www.cockeyed.com/science/gallon/liquid.html
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

"[ste parker]" wrote in message
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from
your local
garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.

Yeah, I read that too. More expensive than scorpion venom, which is the
next most expensive.

Not according to this http://www.cockeyed.com/science/gallon/liquid.html

Yes I realised after I posted that. I just remember scorpion venom being in
the list of expensive liquids when I read the article, which was in 2004 by
the look of it. A Gartner analyst seems to have started the whole debate
off.

ss.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

In message , Owain owain47125
@stirlingcity.coo.uk writes
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.

I don't much fancy drinking that.

Be interesting taking a "sample" to the doctor...

Lab report: This horse is not fit for work
--
Tony
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Have you noticed that Pepsi/Coke whatever in 2 litre bottles from your
local

garage is dearer per litre than petrol?

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.

The problem with this analysis is that one is not just buying
the ink, but having to purchase the complex 'container' that it
comes in each time. So this is not really a valid comparison.

tim

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

tim..... wrote:

The problem with this analysis is that one is not just buying
the ink, but having to purchase the complex 'container' that it
comes in each time. So this is not really a valid comparison.

OK, so what about Coke v Petrol?

Got to cost more to get the oil out of the ground, ship it here, process it,
get it to the garage, store it in a very complex container, then dispense
it?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:16:06 -0000 Tim..... wrote :
The problem with this analysis is that one is not just buying
the ink, but having to purchase the complex 'container' that it
comes in each time. So this is not really a valid comparison.

You can do the comparison on HP78 cartridges available in two
capacities, otherwise identical. Prices from one supplier DE
(19ml): £17.20; AE (38ml): £31.11. Taking the difference, that's
£732 per litre

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:16:06 -0000 Tim..... wrote :
The problem with this analysis is that one is not just buying
the ink, but having to purchase the complex 'container' that it
comes in each time. So this is not really a valid comparison.

You can do the comparison on HP78 cartridges available in two
capacities, otherwise identical. Prices from one supplier DE
(19ml): £17.20; AE (38ml): £31.11. Taking the difference, that's
£732 per litre

Eh!

I'm sure that you can make baked beans expensive if
you looked at incremental prices.

tim

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:38:14 -0000 Tim..... wrote :
I'm sure that you can make baked beans expensive if
you looked at incremental prices.

No, they're the opposite: you'll often find them at something like
28p for a small tin and 32p for a standard size, with the latter on
offer at four for £1.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y,demon.local

Tony Wright verbally sodomised in
:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

I read somewhere that the most expensive liquid on the PLANET, is
printer ink.

I don't much fancy drinking that.

Be interesting taking a "sample" to the doctor...

Lab report: This horse is not fit for work

You two little ****s started the massive crossposting when previously it
had been limited to 2 ngs so you well deserve anything in the way of
consequences. You started it, the pressure is now going to be applied
_to you_ to stop it.

--
Phil Kyle™

h i