David

Default No wonder I gave the LV jointing fence a "C-" yesterday in my "deplane has arrived" thread

After further examination I found out that the set screw in the jointing
fence was placed too high up to contact the machined side surface of
the new 22" plane. Only about 1/2 mm or less of the screw head touches
the surface, and what it's really doing is digging a pit into the edge.
Seems the fence and new plane were never properly QC'd together for
proper fit.

If you plan on ordering this plane and fence, you have been warned!
If you already have them, give LV a call for a resolution. I've already
called them and they are "working the problem". I'll report on the
resolution.

I'll post a picture on ABPW for clarity.

Dave