Posted to uk.d-i-y
MP MP is offline

Default PVC, GRP external doors

Hi all

Need to replace external, wooden (old) front door and was thinking of
getting a upvc with GRP door (basically pvc but with grained wood effect on
the plastic), B&Q had a range of them (Barrington I think) and they look
good.

Any good places to buy from or advice?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MP" wrote in message
Hi all

Need to replace external, wooden (old) front door and was thinking of
getting a upvc with GRP door (basically pvc but with grained wood effect
on the plastic), B&Q had a range of them (Barrington I think) and they
look good.

Any good places to buy from or advice?

Get 'em where they're cheapest ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You must be mad to replace a wooden door with a PVC one... They look
horrible, you cant beat a nice, traditional wooden door, well painted
and sealed of course!

My advice, dont do it!
Robbo wrote:

"MP" wrote in message
Hi all

Need to replace external, wooden (old) front door and was thinking of
getting a upvc with GRP door (basically pvc but with grained wood effect
on the plastic), B&Q had a range of them (Barrington I think) and they
look good.

Any good places to buy from or advice?

Get 'em where they're cheapest ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MP wrote in message
Need to replace external, wooden front door and was thinking of
getting a upvc with GRP door (basically pvc but with grained wood effect

on
the plastic), they look good.

Any good advice?

Visit here first