Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Video / AV Sender

Does anyone have any experience of one of these that actually works.

I have tried two different ones from Argos. The cheaper one gave a
reasonable picture provided there was no one in the way but did suffer
from interference. Because of this I traded up to the next most
expensive which I assumed would be better but, unfortunately, I
couldn't get any reasonable signal once I was out of the room with the
transmitter and, when it had to go though two walls, despite only being
about 12m away, it was completely unwatchable!

I have a wireless network but changing the channels on both the sender
and the wireless router didn't help. I also have a dect phone but I
would have hoped that many people have both of these and any useful
sender should be capable of coping with both.

If anyone can suggest any models that they have found actually works I
would be very grateful to hear.

many thanks

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"david" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Ebay has loads, most better and cheaper than Argos.
I have used some with ranges up to 1km with colour and sound, and depending
on the terrain and other interference they seem more than adequate,
especially for CCTV.
Closer in I haven't had much hassle.
Currently use on the rear of my van as a reversing aid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robbo wrote:

Ebay has loads, most better and cheaper than Argos.
I have used some with ranges up to 1km with colour and sound, and depending
on the terrain and other interference they seem more than adequate,
especially for CCTV.
Closer in I haven't had much hassle.
Currently use on the rear of my van as a reversing aid

I think that you will find that those "with ranges up to 1km" from ebay
are not legal to use in the UK.

Whether that bothers you or not is up to you but if everyone used such
high powered devices there would be a need for even higher power (and so
on) as these devices would, inevitably, interfere with each other over a
greater range.

This is one case where more power is not better.

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve" wrote in message
.uk...
Robbo wrote:

Ebay has loads, most better and cheaper than Argos.
I have used some with ranges up to 1km with colour and sound, and
depending on the terrain and other interference they seem more than
adequate, especially for CCTV.
Closer in I haven't had much hassle.
Currently use on the rear of my van as a reversing aid

I think that you will find that those "with ranges up to 1km" from ebay
are not legal to use in the UK.

Whether that bothers you or not is up to you but if everyone used such
high powered devices there would be a need for even higher power (and so
on) as these devices would, inevitably, interfere with each other over a
greater range.

This is one case where more power is not better.

1 The OP didn't mention if he wanted a legal version
2 I have yet to see a published case of prosecution for using a device.
3 DILLIGAF if it's legal or not if it interferes, given that there are
*so* many other devices interfering with transmissions in this world

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robbo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
.uk...

Robbo wrote:

Ebay has loads, most better and cheaper than Argos.
I have used some with ranges up to 1km with colour and sound, and
depending on the terrain and other interference they seem more than
adequate, especially for CCTV.
Closer in I haven't had much hassle.
Currently use on the rear of my van as a reversing aid

I think that you will find that those "with ranges up to 1km" from ebay
are not legal to use in the UK.

Whether that bothers you or not is up to you but if everyone used such
high powered devices there would be a need for even higher power (and so
on) as these devices would, inevitably, interfere with each other over a
greater range.

This is one case where more power is not better.

1 The OP didn't mention if he wanted a legal version

I think that is fair to assume that he did.

2 I have yet to see a published case of prosecution for using a device.

Hopefully you will be the first.

3 DILLIGAF if it's legal or not if it interferes, given that there are
*so* many other devices interfering with transmissions in this world

That really sums up your attitude. I bet you will be amongst the first
to complain when your illegal high power device is drowned out by the
next generation of even higher power illegal devices.

Steve.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve wrote:
3 DILLIGAF if it's legal or not if it interferes, given that there
are *so* many other devices interfering with transmissions in this
world

That really sums up your attitude. I bet you will be amongst the first
to complain when your illegal high power device is drowned out by the
next generation of even higher power illegal devices.

Or some legal piece of equipment he owns being interfered with by an
illegal high power RF device.

--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Robbo wrote:
2 I have yet to see a published case of prosecution for using a device.

Having people from the Home Office confiscating the equipment (i.e.
ripping it out of the walls with crowbars) and threats of hundreds of
thousands of pounds of fines plus liability for interference with passing
aviation would probably be sufficient to keep it out of court.

3 DILLIGAF if it's legal or not if it interferes, given that there are
*so* many other devices interfering with transmissions in this world

Boy are you going to have fun when the CAA get mediaeval on your ass.

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland

OT (ish) - Video Sender / scart problem... [email protected] UK diy 14 March 17th 05 08:31 AM
Help with audio/video signal sender Rennyboy Home Repair 1 January 31st 05 03:51 AM
Wireless audio/video signal sender problem Rennyboy Home Repair 3 January 28th 05 06:19 PM
2.4 GHZ audio sender MItch Electronics 4 December 30th 04 06:46 AM
Video Sender MX10-28S Retuning Gary Goodchild Electronics Repair 0 July 17th 04 09:32 PM