Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default Video / AV Sender

Robbo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
.uk...

Robbo wrote:

Ebay has loads, most better and cheaper than Argos.
I have used some with ranges up to 1km with colour and sound, and
depending on the terrain and other interference they seem more than
adequate, especially for CCTV.
Closer in I haven't had much hassle.
Currently use on the rear of my van as a reversing aid

I think that you will find that those "with ranges up to 1km" from ebay
are not legal to use in the UK.

Whether that bothers you or not is up to you but if everyone used such
high powered devices there would be a need for even higher power (and so
on) as these devices would, inevitably, interfere with each other over a
greater range.

This is one case where more power is not better.

1 The OP didn't mention if he wanted a legal version

I think that is fair to assume that he did.

2 I have yet to see a published case of prosecution for using a device.

Hopefully you will be the first.

3 DILLIGAF if it's legal or not if it interferes, given that there are
*so* many other devices interfering with transmissions in this world

That really sums up your attitude. I bet you will be amongst the first
to complain when your illegal high power device is drowned out by the
next generation of even higher power illegal devices.

Steve.