Rennyboy

Default Help with audio/video signal sender

I installed a 2.4GH wireless audio/video sender from my family room tv to my
living room tv. It is about 30 feet away and no obstructions. The picture is
crystal clear but the sound is very low and there is a lot of static.The signal
sender also have 4 different channels, ( A,B,C,D) and I tried them all. I
hooked them up with the RCA jacks that they came with. Is a possible solution
to install very high quality RCA jacks like monster cables? Thnaks in advance
for any help
Roger Grady

(Rennyboy) wrote:

I installed a 2.4GH wireless audio/video sender from my family room tv to my
living room tv. It is about 30 feet away and no obstructions. The picture is
crystal clear but the sound is very low and there is a lot of static.The signal
sender also have 4 different channels, ( A,B,C,D) and I tried them all. I
hooked them up with the RCA jacks that they came with. Is a possible solution
to install very high quality RCA jacks like monster cables? Thnaks in advance
for any help

Unless the cables you're using are defective, you won't notice any
difference with premium cables. Do you have another known good piece
of equipment you could introduce into the mix to isolate the problem
- a stereo, boom box, portable TV, etc? You need to rule out things
one at a time. The problem could be with the sending TV, the wireless
sender, the receiving TV, or the connecting cables on either end.
Start substituting and swapping things around until you figure out
which one is bad.

Reverse the direction - if that works your wireless unit and cables
are OK and one of the TV's has a problem. If you have a stereo, swap
cables with it. If you're using the RCA cables that came with the
unit, I'd probably suspect those first, just because typically
equipment like that comes with the cheapest possible cables. Nice
looking cables with molded connectors and strain reliefs can still be
defective - I've had a few.

Roger Grady

To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address