Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roof mounted Solar heating panels

Hi all

I may have missed it, but what reputable companies are folks using for
roof-mounted solar heating panel for heating domestic hot water?

I seem to remember a past question on this but have lost the replies during
a computer rebuild. I also seem to remember one variant that used a solar
cell to run the circulation pumps as well.

Thanks for any help

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-12-28 22:50:04 +0000, "fredbloggstwo"
said:

Hi all

I may have missed it, but what reputable companies are folks using for
roof-mounted solar heating panel for heating domestic hot water?

Yes you probably did because the words "reputable company" and "roof
mounted solar heating panel" don't sit together all that well in one
sentence.

I seem to remember a past question on this but have lost the replies
during a computer rebuild. I also seem to remember one variant that
used a solar cell to run the circulation pumps as well.

Thanks for any help

The best advice is to forget it and use the investment on other energy
saving measures that will produce far better ROI.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-12-28 22:50:04 +0000, "fredbloggstwo"
said:

Hi all

I may have missed it, but what reputable companies are folks using for
roof-mounted solar heating panel for heating domestic hot water?

Yes you probably did because the words "reputable company" and "roof
mounted solar heating panel" don't sit together all that well in one
sentence.

I seem to remember a past question on this but have lost the replies
during a computer rebuild. I also seem to remember one variant that
used a solar cell to run the circulation pumps as well.

Thanks for any help

The best advice is to forget it and use the investment on other energy
saving measures that will produce far better ROI.

I think Andy's about summed it up. If you want solar hw to pay back
well you make the panels yourself, or if you want it to struggle to pay
you could use navitron tubes. And solar warm air is cheaper to install
and produces more energy payback.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fredbloggstwo" wrote in message
Hi all

I may have missed it, but what reputable companies are folks using for
roof-mounted solar heating panel for heating domestic hot water?

Solartwin

I seem to remember a past question on this but have lost the replies
during a computer rebuild. I also seem to remember one variant that used
a solar cell to run the circulation pumps as well.

Solartwin

http://www.solartwin.com/

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fredbloggstwo wrote:

a computer rebuild. I also seem to remember one variant that used a solar
cell to run the circulation pumps as well.

Its simple and works, but is a non-ideal control method, so doesnt
maximise return.

NT

Siting of panels for solar water heating Will UK diy 1080 January 18th 07 07:38 AM
Solar panels-practical??? ---MIKE--- Home Repair 51 November 17th 06 09:14 AM
solar panels Nigel UK diy 119 September 30th 06 11:24 AM
Solar Panels michaelangelo7 UK diy 143 March 12th 06 09:17 AM
OT ? Solar panels Will they get cheaper? wig UK diy 12 June 5th 05 06:33 PM