Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Motion sensor light has mind of its own!

I have installed a motion sensor light in our dowstairs toilet (thanks,
but I've already made all the jokes!).

It is apparently a good quality one - a Steinel from CPC
(https://secure3.farnell.com/jsp/ende...sp?sku=LA02529)
It is in effect a straightforward ceiling light with the PIR neatly
built into it.

I've been battling with the settings for a couple of months now. What I
don't understand is how, when the room is effectively a sealed chamber
no more than 3 foot by 6 foot, with no windows and the doors shut, it
should come on by itself. Our bedroom is directly above and I can hear
it clicking on in the middle of the night. I can understand it may be
sensitive to sharp blasts of warm wind for example (haha, again), but
in the still of the night? Whatsmore, the sensitivity is turned down to
such an extent that my 6 year old has to jump up and down like a
lunatic to activate it!

Any ideas what might be causing this? I could of course just replace it
all with a regular lightswitch, but where's the fun in that?!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

(
[...]

hard to see how its anything but faulty, since you say the
sensitivity's turned down. Unless it can see through a glass door at
the cat walking past, but thats unlikely if the 6yo has to jump about..

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Moths?.

We had a helluva time in one office when birds nested there..they used
to fly from and two the nest, right next to a sensor..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
writes
[...]

What type of bulb?
--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised in
:

If covering its head stops the problem then you need to look at the
movement of surfaces which have a difference in temperature to their
surroundings, or surfaces which can suddenly change temperature.

FILTH!

--
Phil Kyle™

h i