Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with Motion Sensor Light Control

My Heath Motion Sensor has stopped working properly. It is stuck in the dusk
position and will not switch to full lighting even though I see the sensor
flashing as I
walk by. The unit will go on full lighting if I put it into test mode, but only
momentarily until it comes out of this mode. Do atmospheric conditions affect
these
settings, and what adjustments can I try on the control settings to fix this?
Is it possible that the sensor is damaged?

Sherwin D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"sherwindu" wrote in message
My Heath Motion Sensor has stopped working properly. It is stuck in the
dusk
position and will not switch to full lighting even though I see the sensor
flashing as I
walk by. The unit will go on full lighting if I put it into test mode,
but only
momentarily until it comes out of this mode. Do atmospheric conditions
affect
these
settings, and what adjustments can I try on the control settings to fix
this?
Is it possible that the sensor is damaged?

Sherwin D.

Is the sensor window clean? Note the sensor is not the flashing part it is
somewhere else nearby.
Kevin

Posted to alt.home.repair

Happy to report the Motion Sensor is working again. The solution was to increase
the sensitivity setting from minimum to about 1/3 of maximum. Could be the sensor
had lost some of it's sensitivity and needed the extra boost.

Sherwin D.