Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Repair

Default Genie Series II motion light sensor

Hi,

My current Genie Series II garage door opener doesnt seem to have a
motion light sensor on the door beams. I also have a wall unit that is
just a single button that controls the garge door and nothing else.

How would I go about adding a motion light sensor to my currnet garge
door opener? Is this something that can be bought seperately and
added? Or would I need a whole new garage door opener?

Thanks

Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Home Repair wrote:
How would I go about adding a motion light sensor to my currnet garge
door opener? Is this something that can be bought seperately and
added? Or would I need a whole new garage door opener?

Do you mean a safety beam sensor? They work an IR beam, not on motion.

http://www.imdoors.com/tablesafetbeam.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
barbarow

Call 1-800 Go Genie

--

Support the Minutemen at:
http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/linktous.php
"Home Repair" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

My current Genie Series II garage door opener doesnt seem to have a
motion light sensor on the door beams. I also have a wall unit that is
just a single button that controls the garge door and nothing else.

How would I go about adding a motion light sensor to my currnet garge
door opener? Is this something that can be bought seperately and
added? Or would I need a whole new garage door opener?

Thanks

Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Home Repair wrote:
How would I go about adding a motion light sensor to my currnet
garge door opener? Is this something that can be bought seperately
and added? Or would I need a whole new garage door opener?

Do you mean a safety beam sensor? They work an IR beam, not on
motion.

http://www.imdoors.com/tablesafetbeam.htm

Note that these sensors are only for Genie openers manufactured after
1995. The older openers don't have the necessary electronics to handle
door reversing, etc. from an external sensor. While you could build
such a system up from scratch it will probably be cheaper just to
replace the opener with a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Repair

Well the Safty beam sensor works, I was just wondering if there was
some how an added feature or something that I can add to enable the
light motion feature that I miss from my old home...

So when I would walk into the garage the light would turn on
automatically...

Hope that makes sense

Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Home Repair wrote:
Well the Safty beam sensor works, I was just wondering if there was
some how an added feature or something that I can add to enable the
light motion feature that I miss from my old home...

So when I would walk into the garage the light would turn on
automatically...

Why didn't you say so? Stop thinking about garage door openers and start
thinking about motion sensor flood lights. I have a setup in my garage that
cost less than $20. It's mounted on a ceiling joist and it operates two flood
lamps whenever I step into the room. I'm talking about the same sort of motion
sensor flood lights you might mount on the eaves outside your garage to light up
the driveway when you pull up.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Repair

Huh, now why didnt I think of that!

Thanks, great idea...

Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Home Repair wrote:
Thanks, great idea...

Or even easier, just replace your garage light switch with an occupancy
sensor (google on that).