Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Default Genie Series II motion light sensor

Travis Jordan wrote:
Home Repair wrote:
How would I go about adding a motion light sensor to my currnet
garge door opener? Is this something that can be bought seperately
and added? Or would I need a whole new garage door opener?

Do you mean a safety beam sensor? They work an IR beam, not on
motion.

http://www.imdoors.com/tablesafetbeam.htm

Note that these sensors are only for Genie openers manufactured after
1995. The older openers don't have the necessary electronics to handle
door reversing, etc. from an external sensor. While you could build
such a system up from scratch it will probably be cheaper just to
replace the opener with a new one.