Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TINY machine screws?

Hi All,

A mate has given me an external USB hdd enclosure because he
accidentally[1] threw away the pack of screw that went with it.

Any idea where I could get some tiny, countersunk machine screws from
please?

I guess these would need to be max 2mm long by .5 1mm diameter?

They could even be 'glasses' sized so maybe an opticians might have
something?

If it all becomes too complicated I could just tape the top and bottom
on but I was hoping to give it to a mate as an Xmas present with his
80G drive (he bought the drive thinking the one in his PC was dead but
I found it wasn't).

An alternative would be some similar sized self tappers although I
think I can see the brassy shine of some tiny inserts in there ;-(

Does someone do a boxed set of such screws maybe, always handy for
such moments?

All the best ..

T i m

[1] He found the pack of screws on the floor a while after showing the
enclosure to a customer, didn't put 2 and 2 together and threw them in
the bin as 'he'd got lots of screws' ... doh ;-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory....20Screws%20Ltd.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maplins...I have just done the same trick and had to get some today.Did
not want to use self tappers and 'just go in that little bit too far'!!!

Using sheet metal, particle board, or drywall screws in wood, and help finding source for black wood screws John2005 Woodworking 10 June 19th 06 04:35 PM
Sheetmetal screws, chassis screws, fastening idears Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 3 November 9th 05 06:29 AM
Tiny gloat Morris Dovey Woodworking 4 October 7th 05 01:34 AM
Brass plated steel machine screws, anyone? [email protected] Woodworking 9 January 24th 05 03:34 AM
Tiny screws for personal stereos, portable radios etc. RonSonic Electronics Repair 0 July 13th 03 06:17 PM