Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CPC do it again ...

As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I ordered
one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick
up and their redelivery of another printer

This printer is now unsaleable, of course, since two of the toner
cartridges have been installed and everything in an unpacked state

Nice one CPC

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
SJP SJP is offline

"raden" wrote in message

As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I ordered
one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick up
and their redelivery of another printer

This printer is now unsaleable, of course, since two of the toner
cartridges have been installed and everything in an unpacked state

Nice one CPC

--
geoff

So can't you download the manual and CD from Epsom. I know you shouldn't
have too but...

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pro...CA2D0EBAFCF2B5

or http://masl.to/?L2B523F4E if it wraps

Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I
ordered one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick
up and their redelivery of another printer

This printer is now unsaleable, of course, since two of the toner
cartridges have been installed and everything in an unpacked state

Nice one CPC

Keep the toners & claim they were missing as well. Compensation for bad
attitude.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

raden wrote:
As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I ordered
one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick
up and their redelivery of another printer

This printer is now unsaleable, of course, since two of the toner
cartridges have been installed and everything in an unpacked state

Nice one CPC

--
geoff

Who reads manuals?

And always download the latest drivers and software from the web. Chuck
the CD.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
raden wrote:
[...]

I would... I had some idiot at work send a colour laser printer, loaded with
all 4 toner cartridges to Aberdeen (we're in South-East England - so a fair
distance!)
The printer never worked again - when we got it back, there was toner all
over the inside!!

Of course... you may have been planning to return a toner bomb to them
anyway....
___________________________
The Grimch

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dg wrote:
raden wrote:
[...]

True, but you should get a decent discount for an incomplete product.
I'd try speaking to a customer service manager about a discount for
keeping the one you've got - it'd be worth their while knocking £75
off to avoid the collection/redelivery/incomplete stock costs, and once
you get past the first line staff, they're usually quite sensible,
although their systems often prevent cannibalising another product to
complete yours.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , SJP
writes

"raden" wrote in message

[...]

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pro...B&data=B93CEC0
E5F526AE6F74D761DBD800649311BDE08502A3BB9EECA2D0E BAFCF2B5

Well, yes, that was what I was going to do, but I really didn't see why
they couldn't send me the hardware and they put me on hold and instead
of saying they'd rob another printer box, she just came back with a
returns number

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
raden wrote:
As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I
ordered one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick
up and their redelivery of another printer

This printer is now unsaleable, of course, since two of the toner
cartridges have been installed and everything in an unpacked state

Nice one CPC

Keep the toners & claim they were missing as well. Compensation for bad
attitude.

I thought of doing that, but, since I'd reported what was missing and
I'd already put two of them in the machine, I decided against it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 5, 8:53 pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
raden wrote:
As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I
ordered one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick
up and their redelivery of another printer

This printer is now unsaleable, of course, since two of the toner
cartridges have been installed and everything in an unpacked state

Nice one CPC

Keep the toners & claim they were missing as well. Compensation for bad
attitude.

Whose? Raden's or CPC's?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , SJP
writes

"raden" wrote in message

[...]

Well, 4 CDs in total

drivers, network and applications

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:44:19 +0000, Owain
wrote:

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Keep the toners & claim they were missing as well. Compensation for bad
attitude.

Even better, see if the cog in the 1100 will fit in the 1000...

Try this company:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-Aculaser-C1000-Repair-Service-Support-info-see-AD_W0QQitemZ230035461806QQihZ013QQcategoryZ178QQrd Z1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

They might sell the right cog for a few quid.

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Pete C
writes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-Aculaser...-Support-info-
see-AD_W0QQitemZ230035461806QQihZ013QQcategoryZ178QQrd Z1QQssPageNameZWD1
VQQcmdZViewItem

They might sell the right cog for a few quid.

Top call that man - they seem to be just the thing

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com,
" writes

dg wrote:
raden wrote:
[...]

Tried that - selling for £249.90, they said that they bought at £216, so
they weren't really interested

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
raden wrote:
As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I
ordered one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick
up and their redelivery of another printer

This printer is now unsaleable, of course, since two of the toner
cartridges have been installed and everything in an unpacked state

Nice one CPC

Keep the toners & claim they were missing as well.

I didn't have the presence of forethought to do that

also, like so many printers, the cartridges which come with the machine
are half capacity ones

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
Keep the toners & claim they were missing as well.

I didn't have the presence of forethought to do that

also, like so many printers, the cartridges which come with the
machine are half capacity ones

Makro were selling the Lexmark 5150 all in one jobby that I have for less
than the price of the two ink cartridges! I nearly bought another printer
to save money! Didn't realise they were half capacity.

Robin Berstards.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

As I posted yesterday, my Epson C1000 printer died on me

CPC had an Epson C1100 advertised in their flyer for £250 + so I ordered
one

Wonder of wonders, it arrived this morning and I started unpacking /
putting the toner cartridges in etc

Wait a minute ... no manual or installation CD

/phones CPC

NO, They can't send me the manual and installation CD
NO, they can't rob another one and send the manual and CD

I now have one repackaged box 50cm by 50cm by 70cm awaiting their pick up
and their redelivery of another printer

Maxie, that was a bummer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Dec 2006 13:47:36 -0800, "
wrote:

True, but you should get a decent discount for an incomplete product.
I'd try speaking to a customer service manager about a discount for
keeping the one you've got - it'd be worth their while knocking £75
off to avoid the collection/redelivery/incomplete stock costs, and once
you get past the first line staff, they're usually quite sensible,
although their systems often prevent cannibalising another product to
complete yours.

I've always found that as well.. Be polite but firm and ask for a supervisor
/manager ( trying to suss out that it isn't just one of the frontline staff's
pals masquerading as one ) . They usually have a degree of intelligence and
helpfullness .

CPC - what a bunch of ... raden UK diy 19 November 30th 06 05:20 PM
From CPC... Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 6 November 22nd 06 01:52 PM
CPC catalogue fred UK diy 6 November 10th 06 09:14 PM
New CPC Cat Dave Liquorice UK diy 0 August 18th 05 09:58 AM
New CPC web site is up John Rumm UK diy 12 December 10th 04 01:00 AM