Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CPC - what a bunch of ...

Given that I spend thousands of pounds a year with CPC, and that I've
been a regular and reliable customer for over 10 years ...

I discovered today (when trying to spend several hundred of pounds with
them) that my account is on hold because my September account is unpaid
(I actually sent the cheque off on Monday, not for what's outstanding,
but for everything that's due, so in effect I've paid a month earlier
than due)

And the amount outstanding ?

£8.64

Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:14:39 GMT, raden wrote:

Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

AH well, not just me then. I have a problem the other way. A client has
revised their accounting system. Since they did so payments from them to me
have been completely messed up.

Last month I queried a well overdue bill. "Ah yes" said cheery individual,
"it's on hold."

"Yes, why?"

"There's an irregularity with the invoice, some of it is missing."

"You were sent all of the invoice, by fax, by mail and even as a PDF."

"Really? We only have Page 1 scanned here."

"Is it just possible that someone there forgot to scan page 2?"

"Oh probably but you can't blame us for that."

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:14:39 UTC, raden wrote:

Given that I spend thousands of pounds a year with CPC, and that I've
been a regular and reliable customer for over 10 years ...

I discovered today (when trying to spend several hundred of pounds with
them) that my account is on hold because my September account is unpaid
(I actually sent the cheque off on Monday, not for what's outstanding,
but for everything that's due, so in effect I've paid a month earlier
than due)

And the amount outstanding ?

ΓΊ8.64

Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

Tell me about it.

This time last year I bought two LCD monitors..about 350 quid the pair.
Paid by CC, at the time. Then I received a letter saying that they'd had
an accounting problem - I gather some people had been charged wrongly,
so they reversed all the transactions and then charged them again.
Probably the best way of proceeding and I had no problem with it - I got
to keep the money for an extra month!

In January I received a refund cheque for 350 quid - clearly in error. I
wrote a covering letter and returned it.

Several months later, I received a phone call saying my account was 350
quid in arrears. I explained and they said they'd deal with it. The
experience was repeated six weeks later. Finally, I received a
solicitor's letter. Even then, with a recorded delivery to a director's
home address, and to CS, it took several more days to get a response.
The apology contained no real explanation.

Talk about left hand and right hand....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
raden writes:

Given that I spend thousands of pounds a year with CPC, and that I've
been a regular and reliable customer for over 10 years ...

I discovered today (when trying to spend several hundred of pounds with
them) that my account is on hold because my September account is unpaid
(I actually sent the cheque off on Monday, not for what's outstanding,
but for everything that's due, so in effect I've paid a month earlier
than due)

And the amount outstanding ?

£8.64

Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

It's happened to me too. I pay them by BACS, but it seems they
don't get the BACS reference, so they can't tie up a BACS payment
with an account. After someone explained this to me (and I find
it hard to believe -- no one else seems to have any problems with
my BACS payments), I usually follow up a BACS payment a few days
later with an email to Accounts, saying it's been paid. This does
seem to work. That reminds me, I need to send them an email...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Called into CPC the other day. Unable to put goods on account [and we
spend SERIOUS money with them!!] account is on hold as we had not paid
the correct amount. When in fact we had paid in full for all the
previous months
purchase as per the delivery notes. Do you know why
it was on hold? and it took us hours to work out... We had bought
something on the first of the month, the invoices go out on about the
tenth of the month, but they had entered the purchase as being on the
30th of the previous month. Their accounts dept is the pits. They can
even loose a cheque between the Trade Counter and the Accs dept on the
first floor!!

Anyway, do you know what the initials CPC stand for? Can't Pick
Correctly

......rant finishes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Nov 2006 21:05:23 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Talk about left hand and right hand....

Many years ago I needed to buy a couple of Macs for the business I was
working at. I got the name of a dealer in the Midlands from MacUser and
ordered 2x IIcx. A few weeks later we got 1xIIcx, no sign of the other,
called them to complain, got an apology and two IIcx computers appeared by
post. Called them to inform them that we now had one more computer than we
needed and they apologised, and said they would remedy the situation.

A few weeks later we got two more IIcx computers. Then a MacIIfx, a
LaserWriter, two 13" displays, and a IIci. I called over and over again
begging them to take away all of the stuff that we hadn't paid for.

Every time I called more "stuff" arrived.

Eventually when I called I was unsurprised to be put in contact with the
official receiver. I asked him to take the computers away and he informed
me there was no point, they didn't want to have the hassle of recovering
the computers, so he offered the lot to me at the rate of 10p in the £.

Done.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-11-16 21:47:35 +0000, Steve Firth said:

[...]

Certainly the creditors were. Mind you, since the major one is
usually HMRC I would feel that that was even more of a result.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Rob is offline

Grumpy owd man wrote:

Anyway, do you know what the initials CPC stand for? Can't Pick
Correctly

Combined Precision Components

In the days when they sold parts for TV repairs they were
affectionately known
as Cut Price Components. Never could understand why Farnell paid
£11kk (rumour)
for it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message

Given that I spend thousands of pounds a year with CPC, and that I've been
a regular and reliable customer for over 10 years ...

snip

Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

Ordered some relays (20 or so) along with some other stuff. Other stuff
arrived with the relays except no relays were listed on the invoice. Rang
them to query (cos we're honest), was told they hadn't sent them as were out
of stock. Explained that they must have been in stock as we had received
them but had not been charged. This elicited the same explanation from them
(only spoken more loudly and slowly as though we were a little hard of
understanding) that we could not have received them as they were out of
stock.

We finally agreed that yes, we must be mistaken and the relays that hadn't
arrived weren't fitted into out new lighting controller that wasn't up on
the wall and wasn't controlling our new workshop lighting system.....

ho-hum.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:

Given that I spend thousands of pounds a year with CPC, and that I've
been a regular and reliable customer for over 10 years ...

snip
Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

Indeed.

More annoying than this, I find their 'lets make the customer have
absolutely no way of finding out 90% of spares stock without ringing us'
policy.
Insane.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Ian Stirling writes:
More annoying than this, I find their 'lets make the customer have
policy.

Up to about 6 or 7 years ago, they had a separate
White Goods Spares catalogue.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Ian
Stirling writes
raden wrote:

Given that I spend thousands of pounds a year with CPC, and that I've
been a regular and reliable customer for over 10 years ...

snip
Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

Indeed.

More annoying than this, I find their 'lets make the customer have
absolutely no way of finding out 90% of spares stock without ringing us'
policy.

And all 0870 numbers

unless you remember it used to be (and still is) 01772 654455

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
In message , Ian
Stirling writes
raden wrote:

Given that I spend thousands of pounds a year with CPC, and that I've
been a regular and reliable customer for over 10 years ...

snip
Someone, somewhere has lost the plot

Indeed.

More annoying than this, I find their 'lets make the customer have
absolutely no way of finding out 90% of spares stock without ringing us'
policy.

And all 0870 numbers

unless you remember it used to be (and still is) 01772 654455

I don't especially care about that - however, it was a sunday night, and
the only source I could find for a part for my washing machine to order
for the next week was an internet spares place wanting 40 quid
(delivered) compared to 10 quid from CPC (not delivered)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just fallen over another one of my CPC gripes -- the broken web
order form. At some point during an order, it can get itself
into a state whereby it won't let you delete anything from
the order -- reports "There was an error while attempting to
update the order." Once this happens, the only recovery is to
empty the basket and start again. Logout and in again, or using
a different PC don't solve the problem. I did tell CPC about
this over a month ago, but I didn't get a reply and nothing's
happened.

Oh yes, and when your session times out and you log back in,
most operations on the basket still take you to the timed-out
page. I presume they have their use of cookies screwed up.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Just fallen over another one of my CPC gripes -- the broken web
order form. At some point during an order, it can get itself
into a state whereby it won't let you delete anything from
the order -- reports "There was an error while attempting to
update the order." Once this happens, the only recovery is to
empty the basket and start again. Logout and in again, or using
a different PC don't solve the problem. I did tell CPC about
this over a month ago, but I didn't get a reply and nothing's
happened.

Oh yes, and when your session times out and you log back in,
most operations on the basket still take you to the timed-out
page. I presume they have their use of cookies screwed up.

Heh ...

what a surprise

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:39:04 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes

Oh yes, and when your session times out and you log back in,
most operations on the basket still take you to the timed-out
page. I presume they have their use of cookies screwed up.

Heh ...

what a surprise

The latest CPC offer...spot the deliberate mistake

==
CPC - November Daily Deal 12 - Dehumidifier
From: CPC
Date: 21 Nov 2006

CPC - November Daily 12

HG00285 - 20" LCD TV with DVD Player

Stylish discreet design for any home
Ideal for cloakrooms, wardrobes, cupboards, etc
Silent in use
250 ml/day extraction rate
500 ml tank with auto shut off - enough for 2 days
Long life brush-less high speed motor
Compact design 180 x 150 x 260 mm
Weight: 1Kg
Code: HG00285

Only £28.35 (Ex VAT)

==

Confused Products Constantly?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Matt contains these words:

Stylish discreet design for any home
Ideal for cloakrooms, wardrobes, cupboards, etc
Silent in use
250 ml/day extraction rate
500 ml tank with auto shut off - enough for 2 days
Long life brush-less high speed motor
Compact design 180 x 150 x 260 mm
Weight: 1Kg
Code: HG00285

Only £28.35 (Ex VAT)

Given that it probably isn't a telly, is it the same dehumidifier that
Aldi are selling for about £20 inc?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bob Eager"
saying something like:

I viewed the order twice. The first time it
showed two lines, both the same small capacitor. Five minutes later the
order had changed to two small hand axes.

boggle

Perhaps they knew you fancied a bit of kindling.
--

Dave