Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet Removal

Hi all

Sure I've seen a link for this but.......
Anyone point me in the direction of a procedure for removing a toilety
please?
The problem is it's the type with a down pointing discharge which has been
mortared very solidly into the flared end of a glazed drain at floor level.
Said drain is concreted into the floor with only the flared section above
ground level.

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "TheScullster"
saying something like:

Sure I've seen a link for this but.......
Anyone point me in the direction of a procedure for removing a toilety
please?

Sledgehammery and just lightly tappy the sidesy... wear wellies.

Once you've exposed the stubby part left in the soil pipe, stick a drain
rod down there with a flat rubber doofer on it to catch any bits that
might want fall down. Remove the stubby bit with a chisel (wear goggles,
that stuff is sharp).
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Sure I've seen a link for this but.......
Anyone point me in the direction of a procedure for removing a toilety
please?
The problem is it's the type with a down pointing discharge which has been
mortared very solidly into the flared end of a glazed drain at floor level.
Said drain is concreted into the floor with only the flared section above
ground level.

TIA

Phil

Dirty, smelly job. Use overalls gloves and goggles. Plenty of bleach
solution as well. Break main pan up using a hammer. As soon as you can
stuff rags etc down the drain to below the socket to prevent bits going
down drain.Then carefully break up pipe section going drain socket.
When the pan outlet pipe is down near the socket drain start to remove
cement/sand joint by using a hammer & chisel but always work inwards
towards to the pipe opening. If you chisel outwards or downwards you
will break the stoneware socket.

If you do break the pipe socket, (quite usual) you can completely break
out the socket and buy a plastic socket with a spigot where the spigot
has rubber fins which go down inside the drain pipe.

Toilet stain removal Lobster UK diy 16 August 14th 06 10:28 AM
Removal of Tree John Wilson UK diy 82 February 22nd 05 11:45 AM
toilet makes other toilet flush Spitfire 1500 Home Repair 3 June 7th 04 03:28 AM
Toilet brands (toilet question followup) Steven O. Home Ownership 5 March 24th 04 06:40 PM
Wallpaper removal Sal Malva Home Repair 9 October 19th 03 01:16 AM