Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jen Jen is offline

Default ceramic hob with radiant heating

Hi all

I just found this group and would like advice on a hob I'm considering
buying. It's a Samsung, and the brochure doesn't actually say "halogen"
but it does say "Our ceramic glass cooking surface features four high
tech cooking zones with powerful radiant heater surfaces to heat your
food." The accompanying photo shows burners glowing red.

Here are it's specs:
LED DISPLAY
4 HOTPLATES WITH TOUCH CONTROL
RESIDULE HEAT INDICATOR.
TIME INDICATOR
1 x CASSEROLE COOKING ZONE 2400W
1 X DOUBLE COOKING ZONE 2200W
2 X SINGLE COOKING ZONES 1200W
EASY CLEAN., NO DIALS TO CLEAN AROUND!
SIMPLE OPERATION.

Here is the link to the product
http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/c...61rcastxeu.asp
if anyone has a chance to take a peek at it.

Having read Martin's excellent post on the "Types of electric cooker
hobs", this leads me to believe it's got radiant and conduction
heating, since it is a ceramic hob.

Basically, I just want to know I'm going to have a fast-heating hob.

I've called Samsung's tech support line but they were no help,
referring me to a retailer, who also gave no joy.

Does anyone have a samsung hob, or care to offer any advice?

Many thanks!

Jen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jen wrote:

Basically, I just want to know I'm going to have a fast-heating hob.

No, you won't. Sorry.

Does anyone have a samsung hob, or care to offer any advice?

Consider an induction hob. Once you've used one, it is extremely
unlikely you'll ever wish to use a different type of hob. Faster than
gas, more controllable, and incredibly easy to clean.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jen Jen is offline

Grunff wrote:
Jen wrote:

Basically, I just want to know I'm going to have a fast-heating hob.

No, you won't. Sorry.

Does anyone have a samsung hob, or care to offer any advice?

Consider an induction hob. Once you've used one, it is extremely
unlikely you'll ever wish to use a different type of hob. Faster than
gas, more controllable, and incredibly easy to clean.

--
Grunff

Hi Grunff

Thank you for responding. I've used a friend's hob which has a halogen
zone, and thought it heated quickly, but I've never used an induction
hob.

Is there a large difference between a non-halogen and a halogen, or
just between induction and everything else? I don't really want to buy
new pots and pans =)

Thanks again!

=) Jen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jen wrote:

Thank you for responding. I've used a friend's hob which has a halogen
zone, and thought it heated quickly, but I've never used an induction
hob.

You should try one, you'll be amazed. Try to get to a showroom, and try
a DeDietrich.

Is there a large difference between a non-halogen and a halogen, or
just between induction and everything else?

Induction and all other electric hobs. I looked at so many.

I don't really want to buy new pots and pans =)

You may not need to - if a magnet sticks to the base, you can use it.

--
Grunff

Ceramic Hob Ed UK diy 5 October 26th 06 09:12 AM
Neff ceramic hob Luiz UK diy 2 September 13th 06 11:40 AM
Hotpoint Electric Radiant (Ceramic) Cooktop John F. Home Repair 4 July 15th 06 04:14 AM
Replacing ceramic hob Grumps UK diy 0 May 19th 06 10:28 AM
Help - broken ceramic hob Rob Griffiths UK diy 12 July 28th 04 09:55 PM