Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jen Jen is offline

Default ceramic hob with radiant heating

Grunff wrote:
Jen wrote:

Basically, I just want to know I'm going to have a fast-heating hob.

No, you won't. Sorry.

Does anyone have a samsung hob, or care to offer any advice?

Consider an induction hob. Once you've used one, it is extremely
unlikely you'll ever wish to use a different type of hob. Faster than
gas, more controllable, and incredibly easy to clean.

--
Grunff

Hi Grunff

Thank you for responding. I've used a friend's hob which has a halogen
zone, and thought it heated quickly, but I've never used an induction
hob.

Is there a large difference between a non-halogen and a halogen, or
just between induction and everything else? I don't really want to buy
new pots and pans =)

Thanks again!

=) Jen