Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BG was in my house and installed a room thermostat

BG was in my house and installed a room thermostat to my combi boiler
worcester24CDi combi. For the last 4 days I am trying to work with it
but the thermostat act weird. Lets say the house get worm and I click
it off. On 21 degrees it will not click back on not even in the morning
after. Like as if it not sensitive enough. I read here about the fact
that there is an anticipator in the thermostat that make it think it is
1.5 degree wormer and that's what make the thermostat more sensitive.
Is it true?

After check the wires I see that the guy connects only 2 wires and did
not connect the N which mean the anticipator will not function. This is
the model of thermostat that I have (RTS1)
http://www.wholesaleheating.co.uk/techfiles/302050.html

And more info here
http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.co...RTS_Dsheet.pdf

I don't know if it have an anticipator in it. And if I will connect
the N will it help and make it more sensitive?
Dose some one have that thermostat and can tell me?

Many Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Golan wrote:

And more info here
http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.co...RTS_Dsheet.pdf

I don't know if it have an anticipator in it. And if I will connect
the N will it help and make it more sensitive?

It looks like an elctromechanical type stat and has a neutral connection
so there is a very strong likelihood that it has a compensator and will
function better with a neutral. The lackluster performance you are
getting would also suggest this.

Failing that fit a modern programmable stat that will work well without
a neutral. e.g.:

Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
Golan wrote:
BG was in my house and installed a room thermostat to my combi boiler
worcester24CDi combi. For the last 4 days I am trying to work with it
but the thermostat act weird. Lets say the house get worm and I click
it off. On 21 degrees it will not click back on not even in the morning
after. Like as if it not sensitive enough. I read here about the fact
that there is an anticipator in the thermostat that make it think it is
1.5 degree wormer and that's what make the thermostat more sensitive.
Is it true?

After check the wires I see that the guy connects only 2 wires and did
not connect the N which mean the anticipator will not function.

Correct. Get BG back to do the job properly. This means either installing
a three wire circuit or changing the thermostat for a solid state type
which doesn't need a heater coil.

--
*'ome is where you 'ang your @ *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Golan wrote:

And more info here
http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.co...RTS_Dsheet.pdf

I don't know if it have an anticipator in it. And if I will connect
the N will it help and make it more sensitive?

It looks like an elctromechanical type stat and has a neutral connection
so there is a very strong likelihood that it has a compensator and will
function better with a neutral. The lackluster performance you are
getting would also suggest this.

Failing that fit a modern programmable stat that will work well without
a neutral. e.g.:

Cheers,

John.

so if i get one of the digital ones i dont need to wire the neutral at
all ??

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
Golan wrote:
so if i get one of the digital ones i dont need to wire the neutral at
all ??

If battery operated, no.

--
*If you can't see my mirrors, I'm doing my hair*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
Golan wrote:
so if i get one of the digital ones i dont need to wire the neutral at
all ??

If battery operated, no.

--
*If you can't see my mirrors, I'm doing my hair*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

What about thet one. is is 2 wire ????

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co....products_id=63

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Golan wrote:

What about thet one. is is 2 wire ????
http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co....products_id=63

The manual on that page shows that it has a C/O relay as output, and is
battery powered, so yes ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Golan wrote:

BG was in my house and installed a room thermostat to my combi boiler
worcester24CDi combi. For the last 4 days I am trying to work with it
but the thermostat act weird. Lets say the house get worm and I click
it off. On 21 degrees it will not click back on not even in the morning
after. Like as if it not sensitive enough. I read here about the fact
that there is an anticipator in the thermostat that make it think it is
1.5 degree wormer and that's what make the thermostat more sensitive.
Is it true?

yup. its a compensation resistor.

After check the wires I see that the guy connects only 2 wires and did
not connect the N which mean the anticipator will not function. This is
the model of thermostat that I have (RTS1)
http://www.wholesaleheating.co.uk/techfiles/302050.html

And more info here
http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.co...RTS_Dsheet.pdf

I don't know if it have an anticipator in it. And if I will connect
the N will it help and make it more sensitive?
Dose some one have that thermostat and can tell me?

Many Thanks

all points correct. Except your decision to let BG near your gas
install.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
Golan wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
Golan wrote:
so if i get one of the digital ones i dont need to wire the neutral
at all ??

If battery operated, no.

What about thet one. is is 2 wire ????

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co....products_id=63

It says it is in the first paragraph of the description. ;-)

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Room thermostat williamsmark UK diy 6 November 22nd 05 08:00 PM
room thermostat ninjabika UK diy 15 November 22nd 05 07:28 PM
Selling house with self installed boiler Seri UK diy 32 April 19th 05 10:37 AM
Room thermostat Mihai UK diy 2 November 5th 03 09:45 PM