Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BG was in my house and installed a room thermostat

In article om,
Golan wrote:
BG was in my house and installed a room thermostat to my combi boiler
worcester24CDi combi. For the last 4 days I am trying to work with it
but the thermostat act weird. Lets say the house get worm and I click
it off. On 21 degrees it will not click back on not even in the morning
after. Like as if it not sensitive enough. I read here about the fact
that there is an anticipator in the thermostat that make it think it is
1.5 degree wormer and that's what make the thermostat more sensitive.
Is it true?

After check the wires I see that the guy connects only 2 wires and did
not connect the N which mean the anticipator will not function.

Correct. Get BG back to do the job properly. This means either installing
a three wire circuit or changing the thermostat for a solid state type
which doesn't need a heater coil.

--
*'ome is where you 'ang your @ *

Dave Plowman London SW