Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electricity Export

Can't be arsed to find a relevant post in the B&Q wind turbine thread to
tack this to but it appears you can get 7.8p/kWHr for exported
electricity. Now as I only pay 7.191p/unit one one of my tarrifs...

http://www.ebico.co.uk/en/open/pages/renewable.php

I do suspect you would have to be on the Equipower tarrif but that is
only 9.81p/unit, no standing charge, not even a hidden one, pay only for
what you use, it's not a particulary expensive tarrif. If I bunged one of
export meters on the supply that has Equipower and installed a suitable
turbine I could well make a return as that meter only clocks up 1
unit/day on average.

Indeed I could link one meter to the other (via a power controller of
some sort) and make still make money! Buying at 7.191 selling at 7.8,
humm...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:41:42 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Can't be arsed to find a relevant post in the B&Q wind turbine thread to
tack this to but it appears you can get 7.8p/kWHr for exported
electricity. Now as I only pay 7.191p/unit one one of my tarrifs...

Indeed I could link one meter to the other (via a power controller of
some sort) and make still make money! Buying at 7.191 selling at 7.8,
humm...

At what point do you think they'd notice? ;-)
--
Free Christmas Cards
http://www.christmasfreebies.co.uk/christmas-cards.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:28:30 +0000, mogga wrote:

Indeed I could link one meter to the other (via a power controller of
some sort) and make still make money! Buying at 7.191 selling at 7.8,
humm...

At what point do you think they'd notice? ;-)

I suspect if one wasn't greedy it would take quite a while. If I did put
up a turbine it would not be a toy one like the B&Q offering but one that
stands a chance of providing my base load for a significant period of
time. So a rating of around 5 to 10kW.

Now historical records of use on the Equipower tarrif show 1/unit day.
Today it's a bit blowy (average above 20mph (F5, 9m/s) for the last 4hrs,
and it's getting over 30mph now (F7, 14m/s) so I could probably be
pumping the full rated output of the turbine across without anyone
noticing. Link the bridging power controller to the anemonter and it
would be auto magic.

I think biggest problem would be getting the export meter installed
without installing a turbine.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Indeed I could link one meter to the other (via a power controller of
some sort) and make still make money! Buying at 7.191 selling at 7.8,
humm...

I'll bet there's VAT missing somewhere...

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:46:58 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Indeed I could link one meter to the other (via a power controller of
some sort) and make still make money! Buying at 7.191 selling at 7.8,
humm...

I'll bet there's VAT missing somewhere...

Look just pretend I'm a journo for a bit. B-)

I don't know if the selling price was VAT inc or exc. The buying is exc.
But I could buy at 3.79p/unit exc VAT.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail